Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Philosophy of Science

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
... exam in 11 hours and 6 minutes from now :nervous:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and how is the revising?
    Urr.... well I'm still here :p

(Off topic- I'm from Reading too originally)
    whats with the philosopy of science? isn't it abit personal interpretation rather than fact?

Reading - only just moved here - not sure about it yet!
    Philosophy of Science is basically philosophising about "Science".

What is Science?

What isn't Science?

Is economics Science?

What about Astronomy?

And Astrology?

What's the difference?

Is Creationism scientific, religious or both?

What makes Science so great?

Is Science the only area that really makes progress?

Does art progress?

Does Scientific progress lead to social progress?

Who cares....!!!!!

But the exam is mainly on specific Philosophers ideas and topics in Philosophy of Science. You can't really bullshit your way through "Did so and so agree with so and so on the issue of X". There's a right and wrong answer.
    hey howd it go anyway?
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    hey howd it go anyway?
    It went well.

I really messed up my maths exam today tho. I couldn't even remember the easy stuff like proving the double-angle-trigonometry equations from De Moivre's theorem.

How are your exams going?
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    It went well.

I really messed up my maths exam today tho. I couldn't even remember the easy stuff like proving the double-angle-trigonometry equations from De Moivre's theorem.

YEAH! of cource - you shuold have remebered that!!!! So simple!

WHAT?!?!??! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    It went well.

How are your exams going?

well i only answered 2 almost 3 of the 5 maths questions and i needed 40% so :$

got b3d maths on tuesday, and physics too so should be fun!!!

ive forgotten how to do non homogenous 2nd order differential equations, and anything to do with matrices(half the course) i dont get :confused:

phyiscs too hard, just hopnig for some decent schroinger stuff cause they apiece o piss now, and i need to get hold of astronomical forumulas to calculate glaxaial rotation speeds etc
    etc

cant wait to fninsh and get wasted, even though i did get wasted last nite with old college mates bk home to 80s pop :D
    whos doing what here? are we talking alevel or degree?
    Originally posted by funkyone
    whos doing what here? are we talking alevel or degree?
    Both wheresmyplacebo and I go to the same university, UCL and are doing degrees. We are doing different degrees but there is quite a bit of overlap and we have quite a few courses together.

And I didn't really mean that the maths question was easy as in commen sense... just it should have been easy for anyone who took the maths class that I took to do as we did it in the lecture course, in the problem classes and in our homework sheets and it came up on lots of past papers and stuff so it was easy to guess that it might come up and hence with some decent revsion they should have been easy marks to gain. God that was a long sentence... now you know why I'm doing Science and not English at uni!!
    dont you find the degree examination such a step up from alevel? its not been helping trying to get used to it, as no matter how many past papers you do, its not the same as sitting in exam hall

*waiting for my 'mathematics for physical sciences' textbook to arrive today :D for last minute cramming*