Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question about Bliss Extra (Legal E Alternative)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have taken this twice Bliss Extra and will be buying them for Uproar @ the Sanctuary as i no longer take E and will be in the middle of A levels at the time. (Oh and mr Bong im 19 if that has any impact on your advice)

When i took them for the first time i was extremely pleased with the results, very nice buzz, empathetic mood effects with quite a high level of energy (nothing to touch E i hasten to add but quite nice).

Anyway my question is to the chemically proficient posters around here (you know who you are :D ), is there anything you know about the Chemical Aserone (the active chemical in the pills, see link for more details), or anything you feel that the information leaves out? :confused:

Have looked on Erowid but still thought i would ask to see if i had missed/misinterpreted any information

For six pound i think you could do worse.

N.B: One thing i would say particularly to those who have taken E before. Me and a mate both expressed the sentiment that the pill CAN be annoying because it gives you that feeling that you get in the later stages of coming up just before the full blown euphoria, and hitting this 'ceiling', not being able to get any higher can be frustrating. But if you dont look upon it as Quorn-E :D and regard it in isolation its quite nice:)

Thx in advance for any advice;)

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I remember buying one of those party packs that contained things like Bliss Extra and Druids Fantasy and it was ment for 4 people. Two of us necked the whole lot in fuck all time and I only got a mild phet effect.

I didn't really rate it too much TBH.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    "Noradrenaline and dopamine are the compounds that are structurally similar to the drugs of abuse such as speed, meth, ecstasy, MDA, Mescaline, PCP, Morphine, Heroin etc. which they mimic for their activity."

Well that sounds like bollox for a start, none of those drugs mimic dopamine for their activity, some of them stimulate the dopamine areas and thereofore produce a high. And I am fairly certain the opiates do not stimulate the noradrenaline gland at all. Also the arguement that because a drug is structurally similar then they must have the same result is rubbish. Take LSD for example, you change any part of it and 99/100 it makes it totally ineffective. Of course there is ALD-52 I think, but there is debate over that drug.

It sounds like lots of hype and then some ethadrine.

If this drug did indeed turn into TMA-2 in the body you would experience more than just a slight buzz. TMA-2 is a powerful trip, I suggest you have a read around and see. Its also likely to cause serious stomach upset.

Also I am fairly certain that TMA-2 is illegal under the revised misuse of drugs act, and any chemical similar to all those listed are illegal too. This could well mean that any drug which has the potencial to turn into TMA-2 would be class A as well.

Also, I am dubious about the bodies ability to digest GABBA through the stomach. GABBA is indeed a important chemical in the brain and drugs that stimulate it are popular, benzos for a start. Which makes it an odd choice to go with TMA-2.

If these claims are true I would suggest that this drug is possibly more dangerous than MDMA. TMA-2 is a very un tested drug and to mix it with the others seems unwise to me.

However, if it is, as I suspect, really just an ethadrine pill dressed up in complex words then go ahead, ethadrine isnt very nice though and can give you an irregular heart beat.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Quorn-E indeed......

I did a quick search on the internet and came up with this info-
    Acorus calamus (Sweet Flag, Calamus root) grows in nothern latitudes around the globe. It is water loving and is usually found in wetlands and around the edges of lakes and streams.

Acorus Calamus root has a long history of usage. Many Native American tribes were familiar with Calamus. It was used as an anesthetic for toothache and headaches. The Cree say that they can take Acorus Calamus root and "travel great distances without touching the ground."

In mild doses Acorus Calamus root was commonly used as a stimulant to combat fatigue while larger doses were thought to produce a psychedelic effects. Walt Whitman enjoyed the effects of Acorus Calamus root during long walks in the country and wrote lovingly of it in many of his poems. It was a common ingredient during the middle ages in European witches "flying brews."
    from here.

And from here
    In China, Calamus Root is considered to have anti-arrhythmic, hypotensive, vasodilatory, anti-tussive, anti-bacterial and expectorant properties. Calamus has been historically used for lack of mental focus, stomach problems, acidity, and as an aid to quit tobacco smoking.

Calamus has been shown to be of low toxicity in animals, and adverse reactions are rare. Though recent studies have revealed the presence of B-asarone, a carcinogen, the American variety is considered superior to the European because it seems to lack this ingredient. The Native Americans would chew the root while running long distances to increase endurance and stamina. Externally, it is added to the bath to quiet the nerves and induce a state of tranquillity. Tincture of Calamus is useful as a parasiticide when directly, and frequently, applied to lice & scabies infestations.

The Erowid page is here for anyone who wants to take a look....
  • Options
    hmmmm interesting, thanks alot for the advice;) :)

Oh and Skive to be honest mate after reading some of your posts im not surprised you only got a 'mild phet affect' :thumb: :D

To be honest the effects of last time were no were near hallucenogenic. Tingling sensation around the head as well as the other effects described. Were smoking Skunk and drinking quite a bit on top as well.

the irregular heatbeat sounds dubious to say the least, not something i would like to venture into :(
  • Options
    Ethadrine is actually a very nasty drug, any amphetamine user you talk to will pour scorn on it.

Also I am somewhat unsure about its legal status too, I think it is covered under the medicines act and therefore supply would be an offence. I might be wrong though.

If you didnt get any trippy effects then all that about it turning into TMA-2 is rubbish.

Have a look on erowid about TMA-2 they are bound to have a section.
  • Options
    i will, thanx :D :thumb:
  • Options
    I did a bit of reading about last night and it appears they are indeed right about TMA-2 and its relationship to aserone. However, this does not mean that it turns into TMA-2 in the body.

It is an essential oil, and because of this TMA-2 comes under the bracket of one of the 'essential amphetamines'. This was a term coined by Shulgin when he was investigating drugs with a similar chemical make up in PIHKAL.

They are chemicaly similar but Shulgins investigations into this chemical show no sign of it being active in of itself.

I suggest you consult PIHKAL for all the details as there is a large section explaining the link between essential oils and drugs such as MDMA, MMDA and this TMA-2.

Strange really to think that if you could purify them you'd have the starting blocks for many drugs just sitting in your spice rack. The comparison between this drug and nutmeg comes to my mind. There is essential oils in the nutmeg which can be used to create MMDA and MDA (I believe), HOWEVER this is only after lots of chemical meddling, NOT by just knocking back whole nutmeg.
  • Options
    "TMA-2 has been placed in Schedule I by the U.N.
    Narcotics Commission." - www.erowid.org

This would make it illegal in the UK, as international law always comes above national law.

TMA-2 is also listed under the changes to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 which includes phenethylamies.

But then having said that TMA is derived, in part at least, from nutmeg and thats not classed under the law. But then having said that I am relatively sure that TMA is not covered by the misuse of drugs act. But then that law is so bloody wide open these days virtually anything counts.

I've searched and I cant find anything about this aserone and its legal status.
  • Options
    http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/ephedra/warningsample.html

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/cgi-bin/rms/magpie/do/display.cgi?product-sku=herbhi_bliss_extra&dynamic-links=yes

"I read in a recently released alternative medicine medical guide that aserone from calamus(sweet flag) Is metabically converted into the potent hallucinagen TMA-2 in animals.I don't think I'd go so far as to add aserone to chicken feed to create hallucinagenic chickens, although I've read a procedure for converting aserone into TMA-2 and it seems almost as complex as synthesizing LSD." - Random quote on a message board.

http://indianspringherbs.com/Calamus.htm

Well thats all I can find.
  • Options
    Thanks for your research, i appreciate it :thumb:

Let me see if i understand correctly: Within Aserone there is the potential for a hallucenogen to exist, which is TMA-2. But seeing as this does not activate within the body it is a null chemical, hence the effect of being pseudo-skylined (YESS! I got to use that word! :D ) rather than experiencing any sort of intense Salvia 10x type trip?

is this correct?:confused:
  • Options
    To be frank I dont know, I personally would bet relatively heavily that it does not turn into TMA-2 in the body.

This is mainly because there is no info of it doing so apart from by Bliss, and of course they are somewhat biased.

However, it is possible, there is a chemical relative of TMA-2 in this essential oil and there is the potencial for it to change in the body.

BUT I believe this to be unlikely because, if it does work these would be MASSIVELY popular and you wouldnt have to include any other drugs in the mix.
  • Options
    Personally i think any of those herbal things are a waste of time, i've tried some stuff called dreambar(herbal hash), what a load of shit..it was like fucking turf or something and it tasted rotten and some other stuff wild lettuce, another waste of time.

Your never going to get anywhere near the same effects off these herbal e things compared to the real deal.

Some boys i knew i school had some of it though and said 2 of them was good, but it wasn't the same as e and not by a long shot.
  • Options
    Well TMA-2 seems an odd choice for an MDMA replacement, it has far more in common with mescaline than much else.

But then I guess the legal situation with the analoges law does make it almost impossible to actually come up with any drug similar to MDMA thats legal. And I suppose that was the point. Whether our way of designing laws is ethical is another point altogether.

Things will be better when I'm in charge!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    "Noradrenaline and dopamine are the compounds that are structurally similar to the drugs of abuse such as speed, meth, ecstasy, MDA, Mescaline, PCP, Morphine, Heroin etc. which they mimic for their activity."

interesting, i think some of that might be true
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    And I am fairly certain the opiates do not stimulate the noradrenaline gland at all.

what about the use of lofexidine - i am a bit rusty here, but i am sure that hase something to do with reducing excess noradrenalin.

anyway I'm off home so I leave that one there for a while
  • Options
    Opiates are far from my specialty, I really dont have a great deal of knowledge or really any experience with them.

As for those drug mimicing dopamine and the noradrenaline, its the word 'mimic' I dont like, they dont take over and work on the receptors themselves. They stimulate the brain to release or block the up-take of these.

They are structurally similar in some cases though, I have a feeling that dopamine is actually a phenyathalamine (sp?) though I might be wrong. I'll look into that.

But as I said, just because they are structurally similar doesnt mean they act in a similar way, thats a broad and frankly wrong generalisation.

And the choice of drugs which they mention is odd because I dont think they are that similar to each other.

Obviously the first few are amphetamine, methamphetamine, the MDXX drugs and mescaline are relatively similar. But to compare them to diamorphine and PCP? Hmmm.
  • Options
  • Options
    advice
  • Options
    Quite probably it sounds like a whole mix of untested wierdness plus some ethadrine.
  • Options
    felt a bit weird the next day, but i was drinking and smoking on top of it:D

They guys who were running the Legal highs stall were a bit fucked. I picked up the packet and the guy just walked off. Stood there for 5 mins and he wouldnt serve me so i just walked off!:D
  • Options
    Re: Alternative Drugs

http://www.thesedrugs.com
  • Options
    spam