Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Marajuana and Mental Health

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cheese; I'd go see your GP and say pretty much what you just said there. You should get put forward to whats termed a 'risk assessment interview' with a social worker and they will make the choice as to what treatement, if any, you need.
  • Options
    I know but I feel like a freak - And I've got so much going on in my life I don't if I can fit anything else in, I'm working like 70/80 hours a week, my girlfriend has gone insane too since she's pregnant..

As it stands since yesterday, everything was fine til I went out Friday night.. now I'm finished, she's with her mum, I'm a twat blah blah and all this stuff has come from nothing.
    She thinks I'm doing all this fucking stupid bastard overtime to "get away from her" - YEAH RIGHT !!

I'm doing this for her, I'm perfectly happy living at home, but she's not, she's not happy in my dads house, which is fair enough, so I'm working my ass off to get a place of our own, for her and my kid.. and she keeps finishing with me, and accusing me of being selfish etc..

Ya know at the end of the day, I'm working a full time week, then 12 hour shifts on the weekend.. While she's off swanning around with her sister, friends etc..

Fuck, I'd love to keep all the money I earn next month, I could go abroad for the first time in like 8 years, move in with my mate who just bought a house etc, but I can't..

And why can't I turn her down when she comes back ? Because apparantley it's all hormones..

I feel so trapped..

And by the way, this is totally irrelevant to this thread, probably should be in a different forum, and is just a total rant, but oh well!

Phil :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    I know but I feel like a freak - And I've got so much going on in my life I don't if I can fit anything else in, I'm working like 70/80 hours a week, my girlfriend has gone insane too since she's pregnant..

As it stands since yesterday, everything was fine til I went out Friday night.. now I'm finished, she's with her mum, I'm a twat blah blah and all this stuff has come from nothing.
    She thinks I'm doing all this fucking stupid bastard overtime to "get away from her" - YEAH RIGHT !!

I'm doing this for her, I'm perfectly happy living at home, but she's not, she's not happy in my dads house, which is fair enough, so I'm working my ass off to get a place of our own, for her and my kid.. and she keeps finishing with me, and accusing me of being selfish etc..

Ya know at the end of the day, I'm working a full time week, then 12 hour shifts on the weekend.. While she's off swanning around with her sister, friends etc..

Fuck, I'd love to keep all the money I earn next month, I could go abroad for the first time in like 8 years, move in with my mate who just bought a house etc, but I can't..

And why can't I turn her down when she comes back ? Because apparantley it's all hormones..

I feel so trapped..

And by the way, this is totally irrelevant to this thread, probably should be in a different forum, and is just a total rant, but oh well!

Phil :(

Wow. I really feel for you. Both of you actually. But yeah, it might well be her hormones - they`re a bitch. Apparently I turned into a rabid banshee at times as well. All I can suggest is bite your tongue and hold tight. How long is there to go?
  • Options
    cheese_on_toast: i went to my doctor and he was extremely helpful.

He told me that he sees someone with mental health concerns at least once a week stemming from drug use.

But be prepared to accept his reccomendations for treatment may well be stop smoking draw and take more exercise

not the 'quick fix' i was hoping for but then again it did work for me :thumb:

skive: mate i never got paranoid until i took pills and speed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    skive: mate i never got paranoid until i took pills and speed.

Yeah same here!

I went on anti depressants they helped for a bit i guess but after a while they kinda stopped working!

Theres no worse feeling then going into a room with loads of people in it and thinking everyones staring at you or thinking things about you its fucking horrible.
  • Options
    On the topic of schizophrenia, its interesting to note that DIPT occurs naturally in the brain and they think it might be an imbalance of this, and the levels of N-DMT and other drugs in the brain which might cause it.

Although not very surprising when you think about the effect DIPT has, it changes voice patterns, hearing and such in a way quite similar to some mental health problems.

Could lead to very focused treatments based around drugs in PIHKAL.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    I went on anti depressants they helped for a bit i guess but after a while they kinda stopped working!

I guess that is why for most people they are just a way to balance you out so you are able to look at the issues that make you feel paranoid and depressed in the first place....
  • Options
    Too long, it ended up with her screaming all kinds of crap at me e.g. I'm scum, she's sleeping with someone else, I'm crap in bed blah blah.. basically all lies, but anything that can be said to hurt me...

Then she physically attacked me outside her mums on Sunday..

Somehow through all this I haven't done what I normally do and smashed anything (normally a lot) up.. I don't know if I'm proud of myself yet or scared cos I'm not myself, I feel like I've been watching myself walk around all weekend.. She phoned up sunday all sorry etc but that's not good enough anymore
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that mate, just because two people can make a kid between you doesnt mean your meant to be together. But then what do I know, I've never met your mrs.

I really hope you sort it out for the best, whatever that might be.
  • Options
    That sounds harsh CheeseOnToast, I would really encourage you to talk to your GP about counselling, if you are that way inclined. You should be proud of your self-restraint too, I would think that talking to someone about everything that is going on in your life will help relieve a bit of the pressure and make it easier to build on the good work you have started already.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    I guess that is why for most people they are just a way to balance you out so you are able to look at the issues that make you feel paranoid and depressed in the first place....

yeah that is true.

I am glad im not taking anti - depressants anymore i feel like i got control over my mind again.

I found they helped but after a while i felt like a legal druggy keep waking up every morning popping capsules just to keep my head straight.

You are very limited to what you can do on them too, i went on a drinking binge just after taking one once and ended up in hospital :eek2:

Plus if i was clubbing i`d miss my dose for a day or 2 and get pilled up, amazingly E still worked i got a great buzz from them still but surely it couldnt of done me many favours.

When i went councelling (sp) for a few sessions i was talking about drugs and what they do for me and she turned round and said to me "if your drug use means so much to you i think you should carry on taking them" i was like :eek: it was not something i`d expect them to say i was surprised.
  • Options
    It could well be that moderate occasional drug use may well be better than the person trying to enforce a no drug policy on you. This is because either you may continue and lie to the person, something which would make the whole process pointless.

Or, you would hold it back for a while then go on a massive bender and do yourself more harm.
  • Options
    True. I was thinking that by not forbidding it, it would leave all your options open, and allow you to really think about what your priorities are.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me.

I tend to binge, I got drink drive rehab this month, more alchohol education :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well at least they are giving you help of sorts, getting any help for drinking is a real nightmare in parts of the country.