Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

question bout canada

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
whats the legal drinking age in canada? and will you need a passport to cross the boarder?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Um, from my own experience yes you do need a passport, and legal drinking afe is 19 in Montreal province, but 18 in most others. Where are you going?
  • Options
    USA and Canada are two seperate countries so you will require a passport. :rolleyes:

As for the age thing does it maybe differ from state (or is it provence in Canada?) to state there like it does in the States?
  • Options
    I know that in a lot of Canada it's 19 but not sure about everywhere. It's 19 in Vancover (sp?).
  • Options
  • Options
    whats canadas biggest industry?
    forrestry/agriculture ...no.
    engineering ...no
    chemicals ...no.
    tourism ...no.
    the cultivation of cannabis by the general population is now canadas biggest business!
    ...and not a drug cartel in sight since they legalised it ...just ordinary familys.
    good innit.
  • Options
    see that gud use of cannicis, helping fund the local economy minus child prostitutes and arms dealers
  • Options
    When a couple of my friends went up to Canada, they didn't have passports and they just showed their driver's licenses and they got through fine. :yes:

I'm not sure about the drinking age though.
  • Options
    i have an aunt in canada who has a huge cattle ranch. when she dies ...there are only about 40 relatives above me that are in line for the will ...where theres a will ...theres a relative.
    how do i bump off 40 people who live scaaterred acrodss the globe?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    how do i bump off 40 people who live scaaterred acrodss the globe?

a family reunion/accidental car bomb explosion :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    When a couple of my friends went up to Canada, they didn't have passports and they just showed their driver's licenses and they got through fine. :yes:

I'm not sure about the drinking age though.

yea, i thought that was all you needed, just wanted to make sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    yea, i thought that was all you needed, just wanted to make sure.
    ..and i expect an eye witness report about the green.
  • Options
    It used to be that you could cross the border with just your drivers licence, however now the main border crossings are tighter.

I would take your passport with you, or at least two types of ID.

I know of people who got from the US to Canada with a drivers licence and then couldnt get back till their wives came up and took their passports to them.

As for the drinking age, it is 19 in the area around Toronto and then 18 in Montreal. I'm not sure about other areas though.
  • Options
    cool, i think i might be going to good old Canada with 2 mates this summer, zoom airlines are so dam cheap! ( like 150 pound each way) but i might not be 19 yet when we are there lol dam!
  • Options
    I just got back from Toronto and we went across the border for a few hours - we had to get out of our car go upstairs to some rom and fill out a form and pay $6 USA each to go into the US.

They said that was some kind of visa thing and it's stapled to our British passports and said it's valid for 90 days for entry between USA and Canada.

I think in Ontario drinking age is 18, many clubs have nights where there is no age limit to get in but have different rooms for under and over 18
  • Options
    Well unless it has been changed in the last few years the drinking age in Torronto is 19, it CERTAINLY was when I was there.

The visa to which you made reference, was it a small green card asking questions like "are you a terrorist?"
  • Options
    legal age for drinking here in Canada is 19.
    You WILL need a passport to go from here to the US.
  • Options
    I thought there was a difference in the age of drinking between Toronto and Montreal. There was when I was there. It was 18 in Montreal and 19 in Toronto.
  • Options
    only in some places. just like in calgary they used to have it at 18 but its not city/province wide, only selected places.