Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

More student support forms....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You should be able to find most of the information you need here http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport/students/index.shtml
  • Options
    Re: More student support forms....
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Thirdly, I'm repeating this academic year again starting in September. What do I have to fill in, and will I still get student support and so on and so forth...

i can only speak for leeds LEA, but i kind of repeated my first year (changed course), so looked into this. leeds provide 4 years of fee support for students. that means if you are doing a 3 year course they will pay even if you have to repeat a year. I had to fill in a form stating that i was changing course, and when my new graduation date would be.

but it's probably best to just have a chat to the people at your LEA, cause they like to do things their own ways...
  • Options
    If you have lived independently from your parents for 3 years of more, you are classed as independent and support yourself.

It doesn't make any difference who you live with now.

If you are married, your husband and your income is taken into account, not your parents (yes, it is medieval).

There's a box to tick on the usual forms to say if you are repeating a year.

Hope that helps.
  • Options