You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

No sound

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am not sure what has happened but here goes. I left my laptop on when i went to eat lunch, leaving Winamp still playing. When i returned about half an hour later, i took it off the screensaver, and went to play a game i realised that there was no sound. I thougght it was just the game but no everything is soundless. I have tried shutting down and restarting it but to no avail.

Is there anyway i can fix this? I havn't had this long and it has to last me another 3 years so i dont want it broken now:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know it sounds stupid, but check the sound isn't muted in the volume control. (start - run - 'type' sndvol32).

Everybody gets caught out by it at some point...:)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Ants
    I know it sounds stupid, but check the sound isn't muted in the volume control. (start - run - 'type' sndvol32).

Everybody gets caught out by it at some point...:)

Thanks, somehow i had turned the 'wave' one down to zero, the second one along.

Thanks ants :)