Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ebay Question - when to sell my tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got 2 tickets to the Silverstone Grandprix in Feb for £185 (A 3 days walkabout pass) , then in March they went up officially to £130 each + £5 booking fee

I checked on ebay and people are already selling the same exct ticket as me, for £240 (a pair) even though we ain't got our tickets yet.

Do you think I should sell soon or wait until just before the race, knowing people who bought the same tickets as me might flood ebay with similar tickets?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10054&item=2239975546&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why are you selling your tickets? Did you only get them to try and make some cash via ebay? Or were you intending to go?
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Why are you selling your tickets? Did you only get them to try and make some cash via ebay? Or were you intending to go?

I was intending to go at the time BUT after I bought them I got invited to go to Le Mans in France camping in June, for a whole week. Basically for the cost of the 3 days in Silver Stone I can drive up and down the motorway every single day or spend a week in France on a 4 car road trip.

Then all of a suddent it seemed like £185 is a lot of moeny to spend for only 3 days, plus I don't know anyone that would make use of the extra ticket and two tickets are a lot easier to sell then just one.
    Ah, I see your point now. The Le Mans thing is something I'd love to do one day.
    I knew a mechanic who went to Le Mans one year with his mate. They travelled down in an old Citroen 2CV. On the way back a spark plug popped out by Paris (threads on the cylinder head gone), so they wrapped the threads of the spark plug in tin foil, hammered the plug back in, and that kept them going until they were just outside of Dover, when it popped back out. So they limped the car home to Cheltenham on one cylinder. :)
    Going to Le Mans seems like more of an adventure then travelling to Silverstone - I found a wicked website somewhere with photos fromthe camp site at Le Mans for the last five years and it looks like fun.

Anyone know much about tents?

What's the chances of being comfortable in a 3 man tent with 4 people?

Do you have to pack the tent up everyday ? I have no idea how it all works.
    I'd wait until next month methinks, but not until just before the race. It sounds like you would already get your money back, so you would be hanging on just to get that bit more and might end up with nothing.
    What's the chances of being comfortable in a 3 man tent with 4 people?

Depends on the tent. It might be a squeeze but you should be fine if you are all friends :p

Also, say, one big blow up bed will fit easier than two small ones.

Do you have to pack the tent up everyday ? I have no idea how it all works.

That would be very unusual. Normally you just find a site and stick to it.
    edirectory do mega cheap tents, we got ours from there and they delivered within the week. Just a tip. I dont think 4 people in a 3 berth tent would work. I think they usually underestimate how much space you need, so id say 2 people in a 3 man tent would be your max.