Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The May 1st enlargement of the EU

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think I've made any on this thread.
    I don't know about Somali or Greek cafes but I am sure you would be made very welcome in a Kurdish cafe, I have been to several in North London and Birmingham and they are very happy if people want to go there and eat their food, listen to their music etc. Small minded assumptions!

PussyKatty, you neglect to remind us b/f is Kurdish, yes?.

Going in 'cold' would be another story,.

As an aside, in N. london, Greek cafes have been much raided by Albanians lately
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I don't think I've made any on this thread.

Accusing someone of being a liar is getting pretty personal. Admittedly the response was more out of order, but in any case both of you are completely off the topic.
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Why should that matter?
    As an aside, in N. london, Greek cafes have been much raided by Albanians lately [/B]
    I heard of this. They come in their big stretch Merc limos (paid by the government), raid the place and then collect their £2,000 a week benefit as they drive off to their Surrey Estates.
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Accusing someone of being a liar is getting pretty personal.

But she is a liar. Not a slur - a fact.
    Yes he is but that is not the point. I'm not.

You make assumptions about things you have no experience of.

Going in 'cold' would be another story,.

As an aside, in N. london, Greek cafes have been much raided by Albanians lately

ladymuck, I would really appreciate you using links to substantiate comments like that, otherwise you are just repeating ethnically biased hearsay. Where is the evidence for that comment?

So? She'll have more insight than you as to whether these communities are welcoming or not.

Going in 'cold' would be another story.

Bollocks. I'm not black and I don't have a black girlfriend, but I have no problems going to blues parties or black pubs.
    As I said, it says a lot more about your attitude that you find places dominated by other cultures/races/people intimidating. Try actually being friendly and talking to people - you might be pleasantly surprised.
    Where is the evidence for that comment?

My Greek hair-dresserand a few accounts in the local papers

Not all in this world has a link, the forums would be surely duller if no-one discussed what they hear/see rather than 2nd hand journalism?

Not all in this world has a link, the forums would be surely duller if no-one discussed what they hear/see rather than 2nd hand journalism?

Your hairdresser? Are you for real? That's not evidence that's hearsay. I'm sorry, and this goes for everyone, if you are challenged to substantiate your opinion you should at least try to find a link.
    Your hairdresser? Are you for real?

Yes, I'm for real

You didn't query PussyKatty's account of her warm reception in her Kurdish cafes, do they host websites inviting us all in?

You didn't ask on another thread MoK for a link to the radio-broadcast he heard on May 1st immigration

Some are aked for links and some aren't
    PussyKatty was sharing her experience with us. You posted about an event which should have been able to be backed up with evidence.
    Yes, I'm for real

You didn't query PussyKatty's account of her warm reception in her Kurdish cafes, do they host websites inviting us all in?

You really do come out with some rubbish, your name seems well chosen. Of course they don't have websites inviting people in but they are running businesses, of course they welcome trade as well as on the whole being hospitable, friendly people. If you are interested in another culture rather than writing it off, you may find that people are more than willing to educate you and fill in your knowledge, and in your case, your misconceptions about certain ethnic groups.

In any case, I don't see any websites welcoming my boyfriend into certain venues which he avoids because of racism from narrow minded people!

Yes, of course he does dear. :rolleyes:
    Yes, I'm for real

You didn't ask on another thread MoK for a link to the radio-broadcast he heard on May 1st immigration

Some are aked for links and some aren't

Mainly 'cos you're known for posting utter unsubstantiated racist claptrap.
    Blagsta, found any of my 'lies' yet?

Or are you the liar here?
    I will dig through all your posts if you really want.
    Blagsta and LadyMuck, you are both damn close to getting banned if you keep this bickering crap up. I'm not going to close another damn thread because the two of you can't leave each other alone.
    I think she fancies me ;)

OK, I'll try and stop now. But I won't put up with any more of her racist shit.
    Didn't know really which thread to use since they all end up to the same tune, but I might as well use this one since this is regarding the original subject, the May 1st enlargement of the European Union.

I thought I should share the wisdom of Guardian readers with you. The first 3 letters sum up my feelings pretty well:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,3604,1210303,00.html