Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The May 1st enlargement of the EU

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would like to add how excited I am about these countries joining! Hey, does anybody know the requirements to become an MEP?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    not you! why am i thick?

Ha ha ha ha haa. I don't know you better ask your parents...
  • Options
    Originally posted by xicoperez
    Ha ha ha ha haa. I don't know you better ask your parents...

Oh damn! I did it again! :no:
  • Options
    Can't help but see you ignored my question Lukesh. What percentage of Eastern Europeans do you think are coming here just to live off the state without working?
  • Options
    yeh lukeish as our debates always land u like this, what kind of proportion of these immigrants are 'gypsies spongers'????
  • Options
    So far i have only heard that one hungarian student wishing to earn money as a waiter as turned up
  • Options
    Captain slog:
    Fact 1: Tony Blair has said that people coming from the new EU countries will have to work, and will not be allowed to come here to claim banefits.

Seems like this is not as we speak a fact. Just been listening to Any Questions, John Redwood was on a committee overseeing v. last-minute panic changes to legislation by hughes replacement. seems like housing benefit and tax-credits are immediately payable. The proposed Worker registration scheme is in shambles

Why did UK do same as most of EU - delay a possible rush by a planned and prepared entry scheme?

Young people posting here will be competing heavily for work with these new arrivals.
  • Options
    You're so fucking annoying it's unbelievable.

If people want to work to create themselves a better life, then let them.

I for one, am of the opinion that people who claim that immigrants take their work, would be too lazy to apply for it, even if there were no immigrants.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Captain slog:

Seems like this is not as we speak a fact. Just been listening to Any Questions, John Redwood was on a committee overseeing v. last-minute panic changes to legislation by hughes replacement. seems like housing benefit and tax-credits are immediately payable. The proposed Worker registration scheme is in shambles

Why did UK do same as most of EU - delay a possible rush by a planned and prepared entry scheme?

Young people posting here will be competing heavily for work with these new arrivals.

Who gives a fuck? So, some people get some help with getting housed. Well good. I'm glad my taxes are going towards helping people.

Only a selfish wanker would begrudge this.
  • Options

If they are better at jobs which effect everyone (scientists, doctors, lawyers etc) then I think they should get them anyway.
  • Options
    Showing your true xenophobic colours there eh?
    I was born and grew up in London. I currently live in Lambeth, the most ethincally diverse borough. I love it, I love hearing different languages, accents, music, seeing different people, faces etc.
    People are fascinating.
  • Options
    LOL! :D

You don't know how unintentionally funny you are sometimes! :D
  • Options
    Have you ever been to London?
  • Options
    I currently live in Lambeth, the most ethincally diverse borough.

It was on the radio, I'll try to source it, people are leaving Lambeth in their droves, probably for reasons you like it plus, of course, its high crime rates

I finf no fascination with say, spoken Somali, it has a harsh tone and is utterly incomprehensible. Heavens, they could be saying anything!
  • Options
    It was on the radio, I'll try to source it, people are leaving Lambeth in their droves, probably for reasons you like it plus, of course, its high crime rates

Absolute shite. More and more people are moving to Brixton, its becoming a tad gentrified.
    And seeing as you never go in areas where black people live ('cos you're scared! LOL! :D ) what the fuck do you know about it?
  • Options
    no, never but would like to go, it is of course the capital of my country.

So how do you know its "alien"? :confused:
    You don't half come out with some right corkers sometimes. :D

Actually a trip to London might do you some good, might broaden your horizons a bit.
  • Options
    I finf no fascination with say, spoken Somali, it has a harsh tone and is utterly incomprehensible. Heavens, they could be saying anything!

Do you realise how utterly foolish this statement makes you look?
  • Options
    And seeing as you never go in areas where black people live ('cos you're scared! LOL! ) what the fuck do you know about it?

But I do, old chum but not for long:) I don't like poor areas of any hue, depressing
  • Options
    government statisics say so.

What the fuck are you on about? Government stats say that London is becoming "alien"?

Are you tripping? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Seriously, what the fuck? :confused:
  • Options
    But I do, old chum but not for long:) I don't like poor areas of any hue, depressing

This makes you look like an idiot too.
  • Options
    What on earth are you on about?
    Becoming a minority? What? :confused:

According to the National Office for Statistics, only 7.9% of the UK population are non-white.
    http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=455

and
    In most non-White ethnic groups in Britain, the majority of people described their national identity as either British, English, Scottish, Welsh, or Irish. This included 87 per cent of people from the Mixed group, 81 per cent of the Other Black group, 80 per cent of the Black Caribbean group, and three quarters of the Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi groups.
    http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=459

You really are full of shit Luke.
  • Options
    i'd love to have complete faith in the National Census, someone rolling up of an evening at a large house in London full of flats is going to get a complete picture of who lives there, sure, of course
  • Options
    I like London because it's a lot less racist and segregated than here which I found on my visits. Lukesh, you come out with a load of tosh.

I am really pleased about the EU expansion. Some of the crap the "papers" have come out with, such as it will bring diseases and people are "queueing up" make me angry.

One of my friends on my uni course is from Latvia, one of the countries joining, she has taught me a lot about her country. I am half Czech and know people from there. These are not poor, deprived countries. These are countries where people work hard, not like the benefit culture so many "English" people seem to spend their whole life being part of. I welcome people who want to come here and work, and welcome the opportunities this will offer me.
  • Options
    PussyKatty
    not like the benefit culture so many "English" people seem to spend their whole life being part of.

That might be so because benefits are available in UK, who's to say that others coming here won't go down the same path?
    These are not poor, deprived countries.

Compared to W. Europe yes they are and EC taxpayers will be paying for their improvement as they did for S. Europe
  • Options
    i'd love to have complete faith in the National Census, someone rolling up of an evening at a large house in London full of flats is going to get a complete picture of who lives there, sure, of course

Obviously its not an entirely accurate picture, statistics never are. But its the best picture we've got.
    So what do you judge your opinions on? Mein Kampf?
  • Options
    That might be so because benefits are available in UK, who's to say that others coming here won't go down the same path?

So?
    Compared to W. Europe yes they are and EC taxpayers will be paying for their improvement as they did for S. Europe

Again, so what?

You come across as very selfish, petty and small minded.
  • Options
    yeah if you don't want your country being alienated your very small minded arn't you?

Please explain how our country is "being alienated".
  • Options
    yeah if you don't want your country being alienated your very small minded arn't you?

By saying that, you are contradicting all your comments about how welcoming you are of foreigners.
  • Options
    where the native persons become a minority.

But thats not happening.
    And what do you mean by "native" anyway? We're all immigrants.
  • Options
    i'm very weclome thnak you. you just think i hate them. like the rest of the left do.

Does this make any sense to anyone? :confused: