Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Brazilian Wax

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey
ok, i hope this post is in the right place - if not im sorry.
ok, well im goin abroad for a week with my b/f in a few months+dont wana have to shave at all. i sometimes get shaving rash, which wouldn't look good with a bikini! i was thinking about a brazilian wax (hope that's the right one, ive heard of it) i want my legs, underarms, and parts of my 'bits' done.
ive never been waxed b4, so im wondering:
*exactly how painful is it?? (e.g. is it more painful than having your BCG in junior school?)
*how long does it take?
*how much is it approximately?
*could i have it done as i suffer from sensitive skin?
*do women do it, as i dont really want some guy waxing my bits, lol

thanking u all in advance
xx
:):)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some answers on ivillage

You can usually ask for a woman to do it
    Re: Brazilian Wax
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    hey
    ok, i hope this post is in the right place - if not im sorry.
    ok, well im goin abroad for a week with my b/f in a few months+dont wana have to shave at all. i sometimes get shaving rash, which wouldn't look good with a bikini! i was thinking about a brazilian wax (hope that's the right one, ive heard of it) i want my legs, underarms, and parts of my 'bits' done.
    ive never been waxed b4, so im wondering:
    *exactly how painful is it?? (e.g. is it more painful than having your BCG in junior school?)
    *how long does it take?
    *how much is it approximately?
    *could i have it done as i suffer from sensitive skin?
    *do women do it, as i dont really want some guy waxing my bits, lol

thanking u all in advance
    xx
    :):)
    Not from personal experience but a good friend of mine had it done as a valentines day present for her boyfriend. She said afterwards that she didn't realise it was possible to go through that amount of pain. I don't know how long it took. It cost her 18 pounds. It was done by a very nice lady, not a man. Both her and her boyfriend thought she looked like a plucked chicken afterwards tho.
    How sore is sore? VERY sore, ive never had it done properly but ive used the veet strips and it KILLED, maybe it hurt so much cos i was such a chicken bout pullin them off :eek2:
    I have been getting a full Brazilian wax for about 3 years. The first couple times I got it, it really hurt like a bitch. I was almost in tears. :( But after getting it done so much, my hair grows alot slower so I dont have to get it done as much AND it doesn't hurt to get it done anymore. I pay $40 dollars to get mine. I would love to do it myself but I would keep chickening out. The first few times I got it done, I was a little embarassed because I hardly knew the lady and she was seeing my crotch! :eek: But I figured since she saw everyone's bits all day long, it wasn't a big deal that she saw mine. Like everyone else said, you can ask to get a woman. It's good to tell them that because they want you to be as comfortable as possible. When you get it done, just keep thinking of how great it's going to look. I promise from years of experience, it's totally worth it ;)