Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just joined the gym

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I joined my local gym last week :D I am soo proud of myself. Also I have been playing badminton and things and feel so much better about myself since I have increase my excercis levels. Sorry just thought I would post this.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Just make sure you get them to make you some sort of programme- makes a huge difference trust me!
  • Options
    i've been meaning to for ages. whether i will or not is another matter. i guess i should 'cause i've got a car now so don't do any exercise.
  • Options
    It took me a lot of courage to join the gym. Who do you ask to get a plan made up for you? Also I have started to play badminton which I really enjoy.
  • Options
    you should get an exercise programe/plan made out for you so that you are starting off at the right level and progressing gradually. it can really help rather than doing the same thing everyday and not getting anywhere, or overtraining and not getting anywhere. a good gym programme should include a balance of cardiovascular (aerobic) exercise anywhere between 55-75% of your max heart rate for around 30-40 minutes, and some resistance training with light weights on all major muscle groups, to help you tone up. you should ask your gym instructor as im sure they make out programmes. did they give you a proper induction and everything, show you how to use everything?
  • Options
    Yeah I did get a proper induction.
  • Options
    Rae you going with mates?
    Or alone?

I used to go alone - but find it soooo much better to go with mates now - more motivational and sociable (although sometimes its a good stress releif on your own!)

Nice one for joinig up!

:)
  • Options
    I go with one of my mates and I went on my own on thursday before college which was good.