Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gbl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Howdy,

Does anyone know if GBL has become a controlled substance like GHB, or if it was already a controlled substance?. (looking in bongbudda's direction :))

Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• Options
    To my knowledge GBL is not subject to any legal restrictions, though probably if it were sold for human consumption you may come into trouble.

Also because it is involved in the making of GHB a charge of intent to produce a controled substance MIGHT be brought against you.

Though quite probably legal I would highly suggest that you avoid this drug.

I know in many countries, the US being the main one its use has replaced GHB when that was made illegal it is NOT a replacement for GHB. Its not the naturally occuring almost harmless drug that GHB is.

It is MUCH more chemically, its heavier on the body, the risk of OD'ing is MUCH higher and the effect isnt like GHB.

Comparing GBL to GHB is like saying rubbing alcohol is the same as fine brandy.
  • Options
    Thanks for that.

The person I was asking for wasn't thinking about using it as is, but just wanted to know if it was legal to purchase the stuff over the net.
  • Options
    Well, what I think you are suggesting most definately is illegal.

I would also point out that anything purchased over the net uses credit cards and therefore ALL your details are stored.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I would also point out that anything purchased over the net uses credit cards and therefore ALL your details are stored.

Good point, thanks for the advice.