Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I know I go on about under age use...

Well, I know I go on about you youngsters doing 'harder' drugs and such, and obviously I know that it makes me sound like an old fart.

But, your children, you cant be expected to make rational choices by yourself, your brains arent up to that yet. So I am trying to be the voice of reason which you havent developed yet.

I know this sounds like I am talking down to you, but your only small so there really is no other way.

Its all done with love.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i know your trying to help, and you do help. at the end of the day its down to choice, i've learnt a lot about drug saftey on this board from you and many others

by the way, im just under 6ft tall
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't regret taking ecstasy when I was 14. If I hadn't had started when I did I'd have missed out on the mid 90's rave scene. It's puff that I regret taking so much.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I wasnt being entirely serious.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I wasnt being entirely serious.

Sorry mate.

Thing is I actually agree with most of what your saying about takign drugs underage. I see kids doing them now and it worries me but at the same time I have no regrets myself.

It's a simialr situation to when my sister started takign pills. I wasn't happy at all - but what could I say when I caned them every weekend myself.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Oh, certainly the point about young people using pills still stands, I am firmly against it.

Obviously Skive, I can understand what you mean, you did them and have turned out ok (sort of) so how can you really comment. And the chances are that most kids who use them wont have any serious problems. BUT, we just dont know, kids are using more pills more often than anyone ever has and they are doing God knows what to their body and minds.
  • Options
    (sort of)

Cheeky fucker! :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    bong, as i think this was aimed at me, i'm not planing to do pills. mushies, salvia, and weed, not much more for quite a while. yes i'm intrested in others but not coke, or e's or heroin, or LSD or speed. ok.
  • Options
    i know u were only messin but that was a good point, however, in some cases, taking drugs at a young age is the only choice really, i live in an area where there are about 40 youths and there's not one youth club or any facilities for young people, we all end up in the street corners smoking, drinking etc, i smoked my first spliff at 14 cos there was nothing else to do, thats my excuse n e way.
  • Options
    Oh, certainly the point about young people using pills still stands, I am firmly against it.

When you say young people, how young? And why are you against it?
  • Options
    Really though bong it's someones choice what they take and it dosen't really matter what age they are, maybe some are too young to be taking drugs but well what can you do about it.

I didn't try anything other than cannabis till i was 17,well there was salvia.
  • Options
    Kiezo; I am against it because of the dangers involved, MDMA is a dangerous drug at the best of times, when a developing mind takes it, what is it doing?

Puberty is pretty much the most important phase in the development of a persons mind and personality I really dont think taking such a strong drug during this time is wise.

It is also the way it is used amoung young people too, pills are just necked along with the weekend booze in the park. Mixing alcohol and MDMA is bad at the best of times.

As for an age? I dont know, its always impossible to say, your a child and then now your an adult. People develop at different rates.
    But, I would say that using anything really other than weed and possibly booze under the age of 17/18 is unwise and I really wouldnt want my kid doing it.

BUT, as Shogun says, everyone makes their own choices, I'm not really trying to tell any of you what to do, thats not my place. I am concerned about this and I am advising you not to.

And Luby, this really isnt about you, there are numerous members of this board who use under the age I think is best.

I am passionate about harm reduction, its VERY important, I am trying to stop some of you doing youself some nasty harm.

Pills ARE dangerous, just because they are cheap and come in nice little pill form doesnt make them any less DEADLY.
  • Options
    the first time i tried pill was on my 16th birthday and it was without a doubt the best night i have ever had in my life, i dont regret it one bit, when you say they are deadly i think its a bit over the top, unless you just neck them every weekend. i dont have a problem with young people using them as long as they respect the drug
  • Options
    Yes they are deadly, there is NO getting away from that.

And the potencially lethal risk is a short term one not longer term. I have seen some one very nearly die because of a burst blood vien brought on by MDMA. And 10 deaths a year are attributed to pills.

Heat stroke, hypothermia, potencial strokes and heart attacks...etc. MDMA is a potencially deadly drug.

Yes, the risk is relatively small, but that doesnt make it safe.
  • Options
    Well I am underage and tried weed, mushies, lsd, speed, xtc and pcp...

I realized that I could make rational choices about my use of lsd and mushies, which are two drugs I have huge respect for...They're the ¨good¨ drugs.

But for the harder drugs like weed and pills (well drugs that cause addiction) , I agree im not responsible enough...Wow im 16 and taking speed every weekend, smoking pot three times a day, what a way to destroy myself...Im becoming braindead, with mouth and face tics...I need help.

Kids+speed = bad
  • Options
    If I were you I'd lay off for a while.. you don't want to screw up your younger years like I have mate, or your mind..

I aint preaching though, I still dabble... all good things in moderation though yanno?
  • Options
    Shit, you've done PCP, thats heavy for even the most experienced tripper let a lone a kid.
  • Options
    Shit, you've done PCP, thats heavy for even the most experienced tripper let a lone a kid.

That's what I was thinking :(
  • Options
    Yeah pcp is heavy, and unpredictable...Last year ended up on a bed in fetal position , shaking heavily, unable to stand up, not thinking bout anything but that I was gonna die, after taking just like 4 bucks worth of it...

I voluntarily see a professional drug counselor every week, but its not helping much. I really want to change , but it is hard, being such an abusive type of person...Im so tired of taking so much drugs and my friends and parents are worried bout me, but the drugs have become part of me or something. Im a good kid with alot of potential that shouldnt be messin up his brain like that...What the hell should I do? Cuz if I go on like that, in 3 years ill probably be in my appartment cooking meth or something :(

*sigh*
  • Options
    Just take it slowly, addiction takes a long while to rid yourself of. It takes quite a while before your out of the mindset that says when something is difficult that drugs are the answer.

Keep seeing the drug worker, things like that take time.

Also it might be best to avoid any places/people where you normally do drugs.