Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The people who know tell it like it is: Blair is Bush's poodle

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Sgt Hicks
    We DO-NOT need imigrants :)

hicks

Errr...we do. The NHS would collapse without them for a start.

We don't need racist idiots though.
  • Options
    Here's a novel suggestion Lukesh, why don't YOU train as a nurse if you dont wish to see foreigners taking those jobs.
  • Options
    God help the NHS if he does. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Here's a novel suggestion Lukesh, why don't YOU train as a nurse if you dont wish to see foreigners taking those jobs.

:mad: Will you shut up! Yeah, you live in Brussels, you'd be safe from him. What about us? :nervous:
  • Options
    Lukesh; The unemployment level is seen by many to be too low already, if we could actually manage to get the unemplyed to retrain as nurses we'd have to import workers in other sectors.

Have you tried getting a plumber, brickie...any builder basically recently?

Plumbers in West London get paid somewhere about £50+ an HOUR!! You tell me thats not because of a skill shortage.

Very very low unemployment is actually a bad thing, its better to support a few who dont feel like working rather than not have enough people for the jobs that are there.
  • Options
    Because many of those will never work, its as simple as that.

I am not suggesting that more could not be done to help the unemployed, but you have to understand there are people who just can not or will not work.

The less unemployed we have the harder it is for businesses to get people, so the higher wages they end up paying, this leads to higher costs and higher prices, which again leads to higher wages...and so on.
  • Options
    The idea of immigrants coming here and stealing the jobs off the "locals" is BOLLOX though.

Our unemployment is very near 'rock bottom' whatever that means, its the lowest is been in many years.

Immigrants coming here and working ADDS to the country, it does not take away. They work and spend which helps the economy and therefore creates NEW jobs.
  • Options
    Like bongbudda said, some people cannot or will not work- neither you can train anybody to do any job.

So migrants coming here and doing those jobs are and should be welcomed by everyone.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Here are the figures for employment levels - from the National Statistics website
  • Options
    It's all very well for the tabloids to say they don't mind "decent, hard-working economic migrants who come to this country to earn a decent living and better themselves and this nation". That's good.

It's a shame then that according to them every single immigrant who ever comes or thinks of coming to this country appears to be a "sponger" coming here to "milk our generous welfare system".

I didn't see any such generous offers from the S*n extended to the people of Eastern Europe when it kept warning us of the 'waves of immigrants' coming here on May 1'.

And why? Because they don't want ANY immigrants coming in. Because they are a bunch of racist selfish bastards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    the thing is though... people get so mixed up with working migrants and them who want to sponge off the state.

the sun and many other newspapers are deeply concerned with these coming here and taking our benefits. I'm not bothered what Blair has said about benefits because if they come with their kids we will have to look after them.

Migrant workers are not a problem, them who will scronge off the system are.

but there is virtually none who come here to sponge benefits, 99% of the people who 'sponge' benefits are the ones who sit in the pub drinking away their dole money moaning at the 'bloody foreigners'
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    but there is virtually none who come here to sponge benefits, 99% of the people who 'sponge' benefits are the ones who sit in the pub drinking away their dole money moaning at the 'bloody foreigners'
    Hear hear hear hear!!

Lukesh, remember all the S*n front pages we've had to endure since January the 1st regarding the "tens and tens of thousands of Eastern Europeans planning to come to Britain on May 1st?"

There have been quite a few (and countless more pieces and editorial articles inside) and at not point it has been suggested that any of them wanted to come to work here. The articles and front pages have been openly hostile and every last one suggested the immense majority if not all of those "tens of thousands" allegedly coming here next week were 'spongers'.

Talk about generalisation, manipulation, distortion and plain bigotry.
  • Options
    them who are on the dole are most liely to moan too right but I'm not I'm 16 lol and I moan. Them who take benefits and thinkl we can keep them then they are not welcome in my country,

but the point im trying to get to is, there is no actual problem or incoming problem with immmigrants sponging benefits, and i know the imigration system itself is a shambles, but almost all of the immgirants are doing good here and contributing, and the ones who get through the net, well they do their very best too and asde from having armed border guards shooting them as they cross, you cant do much else
  • Options
    the fact is it isnt SOME looking for work, if any of these suposed 10s of thousands of immigrants are coming here definetly, ALMOST ALL just want work and dont want benefits, cause they would go france or germany if they wanted that

and yeh the government are fools but all governments are */cynicism* and they are trying to stop the racist bigtory that is the sun or mail or express by appeasing them by trying to act hard when they arent really which only makes people trust them less
  • Options
    i culda said that years ago, dont you think we all want that????

its just the amount of apparant sponger is sooo overexagerrated and there is no real problem facing this o****ry with spongers that well its news that shouldnt really be news
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    are you lot papers mad? people have their own mind you know.

Where do most people get the information required to form an considered opinion, besides experience?
  • Options
    the thing is though... people get so mixed up with working migrants and them who want to sponge off the state.

the sun and many other newspapers are deeply concerned with these coming here and taking our benefits. I'm not bothered what Blair has said about benefits because if they come with their kids we will have to look after them.

Migrant workers are not a problem, them who will scronge off the system are.

Have you ever tried to live on benefits?
    Of course you haven't, you're only 16.
    Its not easy. Most people don't come here to get benefits. They come here to better themselves.
  • Options
    Them who take benefits and thinkl we can keep them then they are not welcome in my country,

Please present us with some evidence of this.
  • Options
    Jusdt you guys think yeah... these gypsies frojm eastern europe will come here for benefits.

Before I say anything... please explain.
  • Options
    these gypsies frojm eastern europe will come here for benefits.

Do you mean the Roma people?

Read this article
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2666585.stm

If these people cant be classed as asluym seekers then who is?

(edited to add)

here is another article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1525617.stm
  • Options
    you guys think yeah... these gypsies frojm eastern europe will come here for benefits.

Evidence?
  • Options
    what? It's my opinion. lol

don't you think that too?

Evidence for these people coming to take our benefits.
  • Options
    Theres a lot of critical talk on here about The Sun and so on, calling them racist.

I dont think they are, I'm sure if you talked to most of their editors then you'd actually find they could care less about this. (well Murdock excluded).

Stories like 'Asylum seeker eats Queens Swan shocker!!' sell papers, they play off peoples fears of outsiders.

I think its actually nastier than racism because its a very cynical ploy.

Immigrants should be welcomed, the arguments have been gone over so much on here I cant be bothered to go over them again.
  • Options
    Jusdt you guys think yeah... these gypsies frojm eastern europe will come here for benefits.

I'll ask again...

Please explain this statement.
  • Options
    Gypsies yes? They will come to the Uk for our benefits.

How elocuent... :banghead:

Sorry all-mighty and beautiful LadyJade, I will not post anymore personal comments against Lukesh. But it is so difficult. I'll do what I can.
  • Options
    how do you think I feel when you keep sayijg I'm a liar. what about you I think your alair too.

When did I say you were a liar?
  • Options

Answer me this Lukesh, what percentage of people coming from the new EU members do you think are going come here just to receive all there money off the state?
  • Options

Evidence?
  • Options
    in MY opinion, 50% at least...

What do you base your opinion on?
  • Options
    you aint but thats the impression i recieve.

When we are talking about facts I don't think you are a liar, I think you just don't know any better.

If we are talking about your opinions I don't think you are a liar, it's just that you are usually wrong, because you base your opinions on false facts, because you don't know any better.