Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

random kissing - good or bad?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do you think of kissing random people in clubs who you aren't really attracted to, do you do it or would you rather only kiss people who you cared about and was in a relationship with?

Comments

• Options
    Kissing strangers has never done anything for me I'm afraid. I prefer to be in a relationship. It can take me a few weeks of being with someone before I'll kiss them.
  • Options
    I used to do it, when I was younger...and single & drunk. I wasn't really interested in a relationship, but you still want to know that people fancy you! Now I'd much rather just kiss someone I'm in a relationship with!
  • Options
    OMG I used to do it all the time when I was younger, snog random blokes in nightclubs and then walk away!! I'm a bit funny about it now, I have to be really comfortable with a bloke before I will even consider it!
  • Options
    I'm pretty open to who I kiss - Wouldn't just kiss anyone. Have to actually fancy him first but don't need to be in a relationship. After all, I'm still young.... need to experiment, have a bit of fun. :D
  • Options
    Its never really appealed to me. Because i dont actually enjoy kissin that much. But when i do it with my gf its fantastic cos it means so much!
  • Options
    Re: random kissing - good or bad?
    Originally posted by shit_happenz
    what do you think of kissing random people in clubs who you aren't really attracted to, do you do it or would you rather only kiss people who you cared about and was in a relationship with?

Can't say pulling does a great deal for me.
  • Options
    yeah, i used to do it as a sort of confidance boost!! in a relationship now and its much more fun to kiss him...
    also i think now im a bit older, blokes (sometimes) assume that if you snog them then youre gona go home with them, and i dont think id like to be put in the possition to say 'no' if you know what i mean?!
    having said that, random snogs can be good, if there is the attraction there;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    I'm pretty open to who I kiss - Wouldn't just kiss anyone. Have to actually fancy him first but don't need to be in a relationship. After all, I'm still young.... need to experiment, have a bit of fun. :D

imho i dont find it that fun :p
  • Options
    yeah i remember my first kiss being with some random guy in a club, and i was just like, 'oh, is that it..?'

i only really enjoy kisses if i know the bloke, or really fancy them.
  • Options
    i did this a while ago and it fucked me up waiting for guys that i knew wouldn't phone, or having guys phone me that i didn't want. i actually ended up going out with one of the guys i didn't want, and that just made me ill, and after that and loads of other things happening i had a breakdown. so no DON'T DO IT!!!!!
  • Options
    Random kisses are all right. They are soo much better if you an the person you are with like or love each other. It just means soo much more that way. Its special. Like the first kiss I use to give boy friends (as im now single) who i was in proper relationships with were always so good. Random kisses can't compare to the feeling you get with someone you care for.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I used to do it, when I was younger...and single & drunk. I wasn't really interested in a relationship, but you still want to know that people fancy you! Now I'd much rather just kiss someone I'm in a relationship with!
    This describes me perfectly as well.
  • Options
    I used to do it all the time when I was young and daft, but once you're settled down I think it's better to have your smooches with someone who makes your heart leap everytimes ya seem 'em. :)
  • Options
    Agree with everyone above that kissing is much better in a relationship. But, with that said, I also do enjoy the occasional random kiss. In general I am a very affectionate and flirty person. I don't think I view kissing as something as emotional as some of my friends do.

Of course random kisses do get you into trouble. When you later decide the guy isn't someone you're really interested in it can be hard to get him to leave you alone. Or even if you do like him, it can be hard to explain why you're not going home with him.
  • Options
    Kissing randomly could be enjoyable at the time but usually afterwards i would feel a bit eurgh about it. Im in a relationship now and definitely enjoy kissing the bf alot more!
  • Options
    Ditto to the kissing is better with someone you care about.

But having a laugh and a few random snogs in a club never hurt anyone. But I have to feel very attracted towards them (or absolutly paraletic) to snog them :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith

Yep, this was me too. Its definitely a confidence thing - its always nice to know that you're not a complete minger and people are interested in you!

Wouldn't dissuade people from doing it 'cuz we all have to learn, but just don't expect good things. Most of the kisses are crap, slobbery and drunken and you don't get anything fantastic out of it other than a self-esteem boost.

It is much better kissing someone you actually know and give a shit about. And someone who's face you'll remember the next day!

I think everyone has to go through that hormonal phase though and its certainly good fun while you're doing it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Ditto, although I'm not copying you, honest. (Strange thing that, where does this come from?)

I think it's because I'm still a bit inexperienced with that kind of stuff. And I'm a bit shy. So it takes me a while to be comfortable with someone.