Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

henna tats and piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've decided that i'm going to up date my piercings and tattoos (only henna though). i want to have my tracus(if thats how you spell it??) done, and my tummy button, a scaffold in one ear and some new henna tats. does anyone know of any sites with good designs, and cheap henna??? also how can i find a good but cheap piercist localy?? is there some internation organisation that have a web site and maybe a address of some where here for both because i mucked up my last tattoo and i would rather have someone else do it??

thanks

Luby

Comments

• Options
    Im not good with these things but BMEzine maybe?
  • Options
    She did say a "good but cheap". Which implies that it is an important factor for her.
  • Options
    It's your 'Tragus' m'dear :)

I suggest looking on BMEzine.com as they're the most well known body mod site..

I'd recommend you just visit all the different piercers in your area, and go and have a look yourself, ask questions and take a look at the cleanliness and make sure they own/use and autoclave.
    The best way to find out if a place is 'good but cheap' is to ask around, ask people where they had their piercings done and go and investigate.. it's always best to do your homework!

I would also recommend the Yellow Pages - they might have a list of body modification premises etc etc...

On the henna front, I can't really say I know much about it... All I know is 'stay the hell away from BLACK henna'....

Ilora x
  • Options
    yeah, i agree with whats been said by ilora so far....

I dont know where abouts you are Luby, but there are very few places that have laws or any kind of governing body when it comes to piercing parlours, so its basically down to you to do your own homework...BME will have lots of information for you but they're based in the states, so they dont have a directory or anything for us Europeans.

um...as for where to get done, just make sure its clean, proffesional, ask around to see hows had work done there etc...as for price, its like tattoos, you get what you pay for....so if you find a place willing to do your piercings for a pittance then your probably not gettin good work done.

one little thing, if your planning on getting your tragus and scaffold done on opposite sides then have them done at seperate times and allow for healing in the middle, its a bitch trying to find a way to sleep when both ears hurt like that. hehe.

Hope some of that helps, good luck and happy healing.
  • Options
  • Options
    i have used the stuff so much i know i don't have a allergy to it. i love the smell of it, it kinda reminds me of something else....:naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    i love the smell of it, it kinda reminds me of something else....:naughty:

.......:eek2: