Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

southampton

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
well i need to send off my final UCAS decision and think southampton is going to be first choise....just wondering if anyone here goes there and can tell me what the nightlife and general uni atmosphere is like.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I have a friend studying there who loves it. Seems to find enough to do in the evenings to keep her busy (lol) so it can't be all bad! She did mention that there is a bit of a student / local divide in the pubs and there are some pubs students aren't welcome in but other than that it's not a bad place to be in terms of the nightlife.
  • Options
    im hoping to study Geography.
    didnt get to see much of the town when i went for the open days and a lot of the campus seemed to be a building site....most of the area and uni was really nice though
  • Options
    Southampton's a good place to study, there's loads there to do and the Uni club is pretty cool :thumb: A couple of my mates go to Soton Uni and like it.
  • Options
    It was either soton or warwick for me. I chose warwick in the end, although at times I wish I'd chosen soton (basically soton is a much nicer place than coventry and I like living near the coast).
  • Options
    I visit Soton quite alot, since my bloke lives there... are you going from a big city to there? if you are, you might find it a bit small, but i really like it there! there is a good variety of clubs and bars. the shopping is really good too:) theres also quite a few parks incase you fancy a bit of greenery!