Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is Tony a Fool or a Liar?

Your opinion about Iraq campaign?

1. Tony Blair believed Saddam has got that WMD and he is a real threat to United Kingdom.
2. He knew it is false but he thought it is fun to involve your country in the war anyway?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He is a personification of everything that's bad about the Third Way.

The blame can't rest solely on his shoulders though. There are a lot of faceless invertebrates within the Labour Party who backed this prat.

The Labour Party

1900 - 1997
  • Options
    What do you mean saying Third Way?
    I know a former Polish PM Balcerovich liked to say Third Way is a way to Third World but I'm not sure you mean the same.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    What do you mean saying Third Way?
    I know a former Polish PM Balcerovich liked to say Third Way is a way to Third World but I'm not sure you mean the same.

The "new" left. I think another term used is "Social Democracy". Other people will know better than me.
  • Options
    For some reason I think that he did beleive that there was going to be something there, but then again there is the whole issue of the dodgy dossier. I am still not sure ousting Saddam was a legitimate enough reason to go though, i read in today's paper that the US troops have killed more in Faluja than the number of people that have been killed in terrorist attacks in the country. Killing the countries population is hardly liberating them.
  • Options
    We came to liberate their resources. The people were never of concern to Washington beyond ensuring they dont prevent us from getting what we came for.