Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO how much alcohol do you consume?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After reading the post about how much alcohol do you consume its made me think about the damage im doing to my body, i know alcoholic drinks arent good for you but some must me less harsh on the brain/liver etc.. i heard that vodka and other clear spirits are less damaging because the, when i go out i stick to pints of lager but im going on holiday in june with mates and i will end up getting pissed up every night so i want to try drink the drinks that arent quite as bad for you...

any suggestions? sorry if thats real long but i have trouble getting my point across in writing

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Any alcolhol is damaging if drunk is excess. Maybe you should give yourself a few weeks of from caning it. Alternatively, when you do go out, alternate between pints of lager and pints of water, that way your body is getting some hydration.

edited because of terrible grammar mistakes...
  • Options
    Hmmm, this is a hard one really.

Beer (proper beer not piss beer, so ales and good qaulity lagers) contains quite a few B vitamins and a few other bits a bobs that are good for you.

However, because its quite a complex drink in terms of its make up then its harder for the body to digest and therefore you end up getting a nastier hangover, and maybe more damage.

Wine is known for its health properties, in small doses is supposed to be quite good for your heart.

However, anyone who has gotten really drunk on red wine will tell you it cant be doing your body any good.

The clear spirits, white tequila and vodka are easy for the body to digest and therefore potencially less harmful.

BUT, because they arent very complex they do not contain any of the good bits that either wine or beer does.

Its a trade off really, and of course as has been said any alcohol in excess will cause harm.
  • Options
    thanks, hope that doesnt mean i should mix my drinks. :D i will just stick to lager then i reckon
  • Options
    Just drink whatever you want, it's your holiday.
  • Options
    OMG, last night I passed out at 6:30 pm. I had so many random dreams, like how I drove a tube train down my street and parked it outside my house. I got a really nice suntan though :cool:

Bopz