Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Site's Tripper Album...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I propose that we compile a list of our favorite songs to listen to while tripping our heads off. We can have nice nature oriented songs that help you achieve peace, or songs that inspire wild visuals. I'll start the list off with:

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

Somebody continue posting as many songs as you wish.

Comments

• Options
    Just on hallucogenics?

To be fair, most of the time when I'm tripping I don't really think muchabout music. A few tunes I always think of as 'mushroom' tunes now are:

Royksopp - Eple
    Hot Butter - Popcorn
    Spooks - Karma Hotel

Because I remember them vividly from when I was tripping. :D

The whole Hallucinogen - Twisted album is good, really trippy psy-goa trance.

A bit of Chris Liberator (acid techno) never goes a miss on a couple of tabs.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Josh Wink - 'Higher State...'
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Normally I cant be dealing with music when on higher doses, but I did listen to some dark gabba once and that was top, real proper acid rushes up my spine.
  • Options
    Anything by Coil.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    ffs Blagsta, that is dark and nasty (and lovely) enough without being under the influence.....
  • Options
    :p

Throbbing Gristle and Merzbow as well :D
  • Options
    You do like to go and headfuck yourself then..... It sounds like you have some of the same musical tastes as my partner... We are going to see Merzbow, Throbbing Gristle and Coil at ATP in May...........
  • Options
    Who the hell are these bands!? I've never heard of them in my entire life, the names would be enough to put people off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    You do like to go and headfuck yourself then..... It sounds like you have some of the same musical tastes as my partner... We are going to see Merzbow, Throbbing Gristle and Coil at ATP in May...........

I ain't done acid in years actually.
    But yes, I like headfuck music sometimes.
    My flatmate is going to that, personally I don't know if I could cope with 3 days of industrial music and weirdo's comparing body piercings and talking about wanking into envelopes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Normally I cant be dealing with music when on higher doses, but I did listen to some dark gabba once and that was top, real proper acid rushes up my spine.

The Producer, Scorpio, Rotterdam Terror Corps, Wedlock, Paul Elstak and of my Deathrow Techno Tapes - gabber is good.

I also cane an acid tune called 'Monkey Tennis' when I'm hammered but I don't know the artist.

...and any tune from the Jilted Generation album is always good when mashed - I have it on vinyl.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    My flatmate is going to that, personally I don't know if I could cope with 3 days of industrial music and weirdo's comparing body piercings and talking about wanking into envelopes.

I can't wait :D

all except the wanking in to envelopes bit......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    The Producer, Scorpio, Rotterdam Terror Corps, Wedlock, Paul Elstak and of my Deathrow Techno Tapes - gabber is good.

I also cane an acid tune called 'Monkey Tennis' when I'm hammered but I don't know the artist.

Monkey tennis by Smokestack? I can't believe the Rotterdam Terror Corps are still around!
  • Options
    I actually recon that an acid rush is more impressive than an MDMA one, or at least its more intense sometimes.

The ones I've had start right at the base of your spine and wash upwards till your whole head is tingling when the tune peaks.

You have to be in the right mood though, put some gabba on when someones in the middle of some deep introspective thing and you could well push then too far.
  • Options
    Actually when I used to do acid, we used to listen to Ozric Tentacles, Hawkwind, Gong/Steve Hillage, Future Sound of London, The Orb, System 7 etc
  • Options
    Its all gibberish to me, you could be just making all this up and I wouldnt know the difference.
  • Options
    Yep, all except Gong - but I asked my partner last time we spoke about this and he said of course he knows Gong, looking at me like I was no longer worthy of being his girlfriend.....
  • Options
    Actually when I used to do acid, we used to listen to Ozric Tentacles, Hawkwind, Gong/Steve Hillage, Future Sound of London, The Orb, System 7 etc

Ozric Tentacles :lol: Used to be popular down here in the West Country. Mates used to drink mushroom tea to them.
  • Options
    My favourite used to be Primal scream - Screamadelica, I did read an article about drug-influenced albums which said this album perfectly replicated the ectasy trip.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Ozric Tentacles :lol: Used to be popular down here in the West Country. Mates used to drink mushroom tea to them.

Ozric Tentacles and Eat Static...cool!! They come from the same town as me and I know them vaguley. Definatley a west country thing!!
  • Options
    I've recently been listening to Barrington Levy and some of his tunes are definately worth a listen if you're having a smoke.

'Under Mi Sensi' and 'Here I Come' :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I like anything by the Super Furry Animals when I'm having a smoke, particularly their last album at the moment.
  • Options
    My flatmate is going to that, personally I don't know if I could cope with 3 days of industrial music and lovely people comparing body piercings

industrial music rocks.........

though i'm into the rather comericial side of things on the industrial front. but :

a band called kin are good for that kind of thing. as is robert miles....is used to love that stuff.

and body piercings are cool too.
  • Options
    Robert Miles? As in "Children"? :eek: About as far from industrial as its possible to get.
  • Options
    btw do you know anything about TOPY? They're all a bit weird...
  • Options
    Idioteque by Radiohead, without a doubt is my favourite. Also Lovely Head by Goldfrapp, Flaming June by BT and Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd.
  • Options
    FAO Blagsta/Joolyknockers

Strange coincidence, spotted this today

Ozrics and DJ Mervin from Eat Static are playing at Bath Pavilion, May 14th

http://www.ontrackpromotions.co.uk/
  • Options
    Re: FAO Blagsta/Joolyknockers

Cool! Cheers for that! I wanna go!!
  • Options
    Re: FAO Blagsta/Joolyknockers

I haven't listened to Ozric Tentacles for years. Not since I cut off my dreads and threw out my tie-dye t-shirts. :o