Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone else get this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just need to find out if this is normal or whether I may be doing long term damage to my body...

I always used to enjoy the odd pill, but over the past few months I have been overdoing it a bit.
Since around February I have been dropping at least 4 pills on an almost nightly basis. (At least 4 times a week).
I have come to a decision that I'm going to do some serious cutting down, as in keeping the class As to special occassions (raves, big parties etc) once every few months.
Over the past few days I have been experiencing some pretty bad depression (that is starting to subside now), but also my physical state has been pretty bad. Been experiencing headrushes, giddiness, spasms of arms/legs/hands/feet, bad headaches, sudden distortion of vision.

I know it's unlikely any of you are doctors, but can anyone say this has happened to them after overdoing it with the sweeties? If so, did it clear up eventually?
I'll leave it a few weeks before I seek medical help, as I feel it may just be everything leaving my system. But just need to put my mind at rest really.

Any advice or help appreciated.
Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    yeah i had all that shit, its your bodys way of telling you STOP FUCKING STOP. Leave off for at least a month then see how you feel.

Providing you lay off everything and give your body time to recover all this will subside in due cause.
  • Options
    Should I even lay off ganja?
    Kicking booze has been easy as in this state I do not feel like drinking.
    Altho mary jane has done a lot to help my head.
  • Options
    put it this way mate, weed is not giving you any problems i find the whole weed sorts my head out part kinda worrying but that aint the issue here.. carry on with the green if it helps but give the beans a break you`ve given your mind and body quite a battering caining them 4 times a week, just lay off the chems you WILL notice the difference after a week or 2!
  • Options
    If you're in that state (not surprising, given how much you've been caning it), I'd say quit for at least 6 months. And if you go back to pills, don't do them more than once a month.
  • Options
    yeah. it's lucky i stopped when i did, as during the time i was doing them i didn't notice these effects. i only stopped because i wanted to come up better, so figured a break would be worthwhile. well i am feeling a little bit better than yesterday, hopefully i can only improve from here.

cheers for the advice :cool:
  • Options
    How many was you buying in then a week? i normally used to buy 10 - 20 a time when i was quite into them.
  • Options
    I'd buy 5-15 each time i went out, although that would be some for mates too.
    I'd drop anything between 5 and 10 on a night out. Would be more than that if I was going to a rave or anything.
    Main problem was that I would never experience a comedown the next day. May have felt slightly tired or rough but not enough to desuade me from doing it again the next night. Feels like it's all just been stored up for now that I'm having a break from it :(
  • Options
    class A's on a daily basis is a waste of money and imagination.
    you take them to feel rough in the end. seriously. on a daily basis class A's only serve to make you feel rough.
    yes ...save them for special occasions. don't have to many special occasions. don't water down what you truly consider being a special occasion.
  • Options
    Just quit the things for a while, you can see yourself you've been taken them too much for too long, people say once a week is too much but you'r taking them 4 times a week, your head must be like mashed potato.

Just think of it as the pills will always be there to eat, quit for a while then come back.
  • Options
    Re: Anyone else get this?
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    I just need to find out if this is normal or whether I may be doing long term damage to my body...

I always used to enjoy the odd pill, but over the past few months I have been overdoing it a bit.
    Since around February I have been dropping at least 4 pills on an almost nightly basis. (At least 4 times a week).
    I have come to a decision that I'm going to do some serious cutting down, as in keeping the class As to special occassions (raves, big parties etc) once every few months.
    Over the past few days I have been experiencing some pretty bad depression (that is starting to subside now), but also my physical state has been pretty bad. Been experiencing headrushes, giddiness, spasms of arms/legs/hands/feet, bad headaches, sudden distortion of vision.

I know it's unlikely any of you are doctors, but can anyone say this has happened to them after overdoing it with the sweeties? If so, did it clear up eventually?
    I'll leave it a few weeks before I seek medical help, as I feel it may just be everything leaving my system. But just need to put my mind at rest really.

Any advice or help appreciated.
    Cheers.
    at the end of the day ...the best advice is actualy within you. it's learning to act on the advice you would give another ...well ...what would you SAY? WE ARE ALL REASONABLY GOOD AT COMING UP WITH ADVICE ...BUT LEARNING TO LISTEN AND ACT ON THE ADVICE YOU GIVE TO OTHERS ...OPPS caps fucking lok.
    listen to the words of love and wisdom that you would try to comunicate to another asking your question.
    then ...make sure your living by that council yourself ...or the advice is cheap.
    the best ...is within you.
  • Options
    That's probably the only advice you can give anyone.
    I'm only 18, and I know that my current mindset definately wouldn't let me quit altogether. Maybe (hopefully) in a few years it will become boring, and I will be doing very little or no drugs at all.
    Without this sudden detirioration in my mental and physical health I wouldn't even be considering cutting down. I had mates telling me I should stop for the past couple of months, but tbh I pretty much ignored it and carried on.
    It's impossible for anyone to do or acheive anything unless they themselves want to do it.

Only other alternative is to be bound and gagged and left in an empty cell with bread water and every single episode of Eastenders. But I'll leave that one till I'm 30.
  • Options

Only other alternative is to be bound and gagged and left in an empty cell with bread water
    oh young man ...please be carefull what you pray for or wish for ...even in jest.
    those conditions are still available world wide.
    listen to yourself ...you know what the sensible route is ...while you still may have the choice. make the wrong one now ...against everything your souls is crying out to you ...and you'll find yourself having two dead ends but ya still gotta choose.chill. do something different for a couple of months ...prove to yourself you still do actualy have a choice ...then party some.
    stay free.
  • Options
    Just take a fucking break from them for a while.

Simple.

You should know when your head is fried and it's time to take a break.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was becoming worried when chemicals started to dictate whether or not I had a good time or not. I wouldnt want them to gain full control of my life.
    I just mainly like the idea of having a clear head again. A few months off should sharpen it up a bit from it's current zombified state.
  • Options
    This is exactly what i mean about what pills can do to you. I`ve been pointing this kinda thing out to lover.

seriously mate i`ve been through this kinda shit you just gotta leave the fucking things alone, grin and bare the badshit and carry on as normal its the only way mate.

feel free to PM me if you wish.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Just think of it as the pills will always be there to eat, quit for a while then come back.

thats a good way of thinking about it! like this guy says quit for a bit get back on top then use them again but next time be more sensible.. easier said then done i know but if you can learn to master how to control the drugs and not have the drugs control you your find it all a lot more fun.
  • Options
    A quitting period has been something I've put off for a long time, and for no good reason at all it seems right to do it now.
    Will also do me good for my A2s in a couple of months.
    Tomorrow night will be the main challenge when I go out. Been pretty easy tonight just sitting in front of Paramount eating ice cream.
  • Options
    you drop any tomorrow night and you are setting yourself up for one horrific comedown!

weigh up the pro`s and con`s then make your choice.
  • Options
    I think tomorrow will be the main challenge. If i know after tomorrow that I can go out and have fun without dropping any beans then it'll be easier the next time.
    The problem is that once I'm there the the idea of 'just dropping 1 or 2' won't seem such a bad idea.
  • Options
    Yeah i know what you mean, once your in the club where your used to buzzing your twat off in you want to be like that again no matter what the consequence may be.

Thats the thing with E it gives you great state of mind even if you are not feeling full effects they still give you that special something.

I still think though if you drop anymore be it tomorrow or the day after that you will end up back here saying you feel mentally and physically worse then before.
  • Options
    I should get by chain smoking with a couple of pints and a few lines of charlie (in moderation mind - never want to overdo it with the Wanker Cocktail).
  • Options
    Yeah let that be the plan, Trouble is your mates will probably end up dropping so your be thinking fuck sake :rolleyes: lol

I mean chances are if you dropped any pills you wouldnt feel much off em anyway! your tolorance must be pretty high, your serotonin levels in your brain must be kicked down to fuck so if you bash them down any lower your asking for trouble.

Bang a few lines of charlie up your nose, neck a few pints of stella and concentrate on the totty and it should be a banging pill free night :D
  • Options
    That's just reminded me, if my mates want any I'll probably be the only person who can go get them for them.
    Looks like it'll be charlie and stella all round.
  • Options
    That's just reminded me, if my mates want any I'll probably be the only person who can go get them for them.
    Looks like it'll be charlie and stella all round.

That could be a good thing, until your friends want them and really do want them, what you gonna do then? Just not get them because you don't want to take them?

Just refuse a pill, don't eat it. Just say no, haha, the typical Nixton government phrase "Just Say No" to drugs.

But seriously, think of it logically.

There's other drugs than e for now, take into consideration the for now, i know it's such a great feeling and alot of tempetation but well it's up to you.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hello SandboxMagician, You may want to take a look at this link to a chapter of a book called E is for Ecstacy by Nicholas Saunders. Erowid have the book in electronic form on their website, link here to the index.

This chapter deals with the dangers of e and I thought you might find it interesting to find out more about the mid and long term effects, and why you feel the way you do. Also worth a look is the MDMA information in the Erowid vaults, there are loads of articles and studies on what it does to your brain chemistry, includingthis one on what it does to seratonin and also this one. Just in case you are interested in what may be going on in your head.
  • Options
    Erowid has a stupidly large amount of information on it really, I dont see why Talk to Frank cant just be a big link there. You'd learn much more there than all the government drugs education put together.

Did you know that the people who started and run erowid are called things like Earth and Fire. Fantastic!!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Erowid has a stupidly large amount of information on it really, I dont see why Talk to Frank cant just be a big link there. You'd learn much more there than all the government drugs education put together.

Did you know that the people who started and run erowid are called things like Earth and Fire. Fantastic!!

I'd like to know a bit more about the people that started Erowid, it is the best drugs site I have come across. I think that unfortunately the government view on Erowid would be that some or most of the information or Erowid may be seen as encouraging drug usage, and they can't afford politically to risk it.
  • Options
    Yeah, of course, but I dont think their writting is really encoraging, they do try to be objective.

However, having said that they do approach the whole project from the view point that drugs can have a big possitive effect.

They attend the Mind Span (I think thats its name) events in Jamaica every now and then with people like the Shuligns. I would LOVE to go but I just cant afford it.
    Apart from that I think they are total recluses, which isnt that surprising.
    The new laws governing drug information on the net within the US is scary, I doubt they would ever have the nerve to set foot there although I think they are all Americans.
  • Options
    The Erowid site was recommended to me yesterday on another thread. Certainly a lot more informative than talk to frank and other such sites.
    My knowledge of Es has always been extremely basic. Will certainly be interesting to see what chemicals I have been subjecting my body to and find out which chemical is giving me which effect (good or bad).
    Only ever done MDMA on it's own a few times and really enjoyed it, just find it difficult to get hold of round here.
  • Options
    Erowid has an excellent slide show about seritonin receptors and the use of MDMA, have a look and find it, its very interesting.