Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i'm back on the smack ...jack

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
no need to be coy ...roy.
spent the day in manchester yesterday ...to discover an old freind is back on the smack.
a very talented metal fabricator ...talented enough to have always had his own little one man show. always worked for himself at his prices ...after twenty years clean ...he has now lost everything. after twenty years clean ...the needle takes another man.
very sad.
what can i do about it? absolutely nothing.
very sad.

Comments

• Options
    Jeez! I bricked it when I saw the thread! I thought you were talking about yourself! Don't do that... :( Why did he start it back up? You can't ever really be free of it though, can you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    :( Why did he start it back up? You can't ever really be free of it though, can you?
    why? oh fuck if only he could answer that. you can never realy be free ...that's what has shaken me. the man was at least as strong if not stronger than me. rattled my smug foundations a little to be honest.
    i didn't go to visit him ...didn't speak to him.
    i don't go into builings where there are heroin users. not even if there on fire.
    i have a lot of history with this man ...since kids. 35years.
    pulled some great stunts together ...both have a child to the same woman.
    he seemed to loose the plot when life was treating him with hope and favour.
    if he can't handle it when it's going well ...how the fuck at 53 will he handle the rigours of being a junkie?
    he's gonna die.
  • Options
    Shit,that's terrible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Shit,that's terrible.
    the little voice in his head ...it'll all end in tears if you go down this road ... what happened to it? how did it get ignored ...buried ...switched off?
  • Options
    He probably just got fed up with life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    He probably just got fed up with life.
    that's intuitive of you cos i'm coming to that conclusion at the moment and for the moment.
    he was a very complicated character ...his downfall being how simplisticaly he lookd at life ...yhe's always been a little naive.
    he has a lot of old pains and wounds that he he has carried and largely failed to deal with ...that's always been an obvious.
    i was expecting him to turn into a drunk but ...a junkie.
  • Options
    Are you gonna help him or are you just gonna let whatever's gonna happen, happen?
  • Options
    I would say he's not going to do anything because he can't, the only person who can do anything about it is his friend on the stuff.
  • Options
    Thats tragic news Rolly, I'm sorry to hear that.

In some ways it is an easy answer to use any drug like that, you know what you are going to get with it, its very simple.

I guess if he's going through some nasty stuff its going to be at the back of his mind "well some junk would soothe these problems". Once you have used a drug in that way its impossible to forget how easy in the short term it is to get rid of your problems.

The point obviously is though that the simple answer comes at a cost.
  • Options
    Are you gonna help him or are you just gonna let whatever's gonna happen, happen?
    first ...thanks all for your replies ...i have tears in my eyes at the moment and feel i have to answer KoG.
    i'm going to do absolutely nothing. i am going to let whatever happens happen and then ...and only then ...will i possibly be of any use to him. yes of course ...i pray that i will be the one he will come to ...but he knows not to the way things are. he knows he doesn't want to right now. he can't.
    the physical realities of him being a hundred mile round trip away are miniscule when compared with the difficulties of my personal resolve. my survival.
    my foundations of confidence and strength ...never again ...have been severely shaken. i have to remove myself from heroin and it's people totaly ...that's what i have done for years ...and prospered. if i do it any different i threaten my entire families wealth and happiness. they come first. in fact when it comes to avoiding heroin ...i come first.
    that way ...theres always one of us left to pick up the fallen.
  • Options
    right now i'm feeling very fucking angry.
  • Options
    Are you angry that he's back on it or angry that this shite has got into someone, like yourself who's been clean for donkeys.

Is it anger or fright?
  • Options
    I don't have anything clever to say, but he'll be in my prayers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Andy_Booth
    Is it anger or fright?
    all of that and more ...
  • Options
    That's sad news.
    A friend of mine, 6 months ago was a very successful business man. Now he's a down and out junkie with no up and coming business, no fancy cars and he's stealing from his own parents. It all happend so quick, if I had to pick out of anyone I know, who that would happen to, he would be my last choice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    That's sad news.
    A friend of mine, 6 months ago was a very successful business man. Now he's a down and out junkie with no up and coming business, no fancy cars and he's stealing from his own parents. It all happend so quick, if I had to pick out of anyone I know, who that would happen to, he would be my last choice.

How'd he get started?
  • Options
    his girlfriend broke up with him, he lost it and was out partying all the time, guess he went to the wrong party one night.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    first ...thanks all for your replies ...i have tears in my eyes at the moment and feel i have to answer KoG.
    i'm going to do absolutely nothing. i am going to let whatever happens happen and then ...and only then ...will i possibly be of any use to him. yes of course ...i pray that i will be the one he will come to ...but he knows not to the way things are. he knows he doesn't want to right now. he can't.
    the physical realities of him being a hundred mile round trip away are miniscule when compared with the difficulties of my personal resolve. my survival.
    my foundations of confidence and strength ...never again ...have been severely shaken. i have to remove myself from heroin and it's people totaly ...that's what i have done for years ...and prospered. if i do it any different i threaten my entire families wealth and happiness. they come first. in fact when it comes to avoiding heroin ...i come first.
    that way ...theres always one of us left to pick up the fallen.
    Well, you will be there for him when he's at his lowest. But you're right, you need to look after yourself and your family first, and you know better than anyone the steps you yourself need to take to ensure you don't go down the same route. Maybe he will wake up and realise what he's done, and move on again, like you did. Good luck to him and to you too, this must have really shaken you.
  • Options
    this must have really shaken you.
    shaken but not stirred.
    now i've had time to reflect ...i feel stronger than ever.
    ...and thankyou for your good wishes.
  • Options
    *BIG HUG*

Sorry on the late reply, I'm not round much anymore!

Give it time, you'll know what the right thing to do is in the end!
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    *BIG HUG*

Sorry on the late reply, I'm not round much anymore!

Give it time, you'll know what the right thing to do is in the end!
    cheers cheese.
    i have a couple of people keeping an ear to the ground for me ...just hope i don't get an email inviting me to a funereal.