Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Question about mushroom strains...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I plan on saving up and getting the Keeper's Kits($595) from a certain website. The kits come with pretty much everything you need and you are able to get spores for a value up to $180. The strains they have are:

B+ $25
Cambodian $30
Equador $30
Tequilla Spikes $30
Australian $35
Gulf Coast Texas $35
Veracity Sincerities $35
Argentina $45
Shooting Stars $45
Sanctuaries $55
Thailand $55
Mexi-Cub $55
Yin/Yangs $65
Mazatapec $65
Oasis $65
Northern Lights $65
Golden Nugget $70
Keepers Creepers $75
Hairy Buffaloes $75
Blue Meanies $80
Plantasia $80
Nj6 $85
Tasmanian Devil $85
Illusion Weavers $85
Chimeras $90
Star Gazers $90
Reality Benders $90
Z-Strain $90

I think that I'll only get two $90 strains because the kits come with two Keepers Brew and I'll put one strain in each brew. Recommend me a strain that is easy to grow and highly potent.

Comments

• Options
    I know the Amazonian strains are quite strong, and Mexican ones are strong too.

They are all basically roughly the same though really, its just the slight differences in the chemical make up, the balance of the diferent active drugs.

The Shroomery website will be able to aid your choice, I'm not sure of their address though, put it in google and its bound o come up.
  • Options
    Never buy from this website!!! It is a scam!!!!

They make up strains like Tequilla spikes, northern lights and shit like that...You can get the spores from pretty much every strain of cubes below 20$ (180$ for two syringes wtf!)... Cubes are cubes , different strains dont vary that much in potency...

And 595$ dollars is a ridiculous price for a mushroom grow kit, even with all these parts. You don't need all they show you , and you can build the terrariums and stuff yourself

My succesful mushroom grow cost me like 40$...10 bucks for the spores, and like 30$ for the substrate, jars etc.... It is incredibly easy, and gave me very potent mushrooms.

http://www.sporemagic.com/spores.html that would be a good site...They are tons of good vendors anyways...Just search on google.
  • Options
    Well the guy from the site says that he trades strains with a lot of people. So maybe those strains aren't widely known, but exclusive to his site.

I guess I should start out cheapest for my first attempt though. Thanks for the site.
  • Options
    That does seem a stupid amount of money to spend on it unless its going to produce kilo upon kilo of mushies.

There is a kit in my local headshop for £35.
  • Options
    Well it doesn't specify how many flushes one cake can produce but it does say mushrooms for life. I'll post the site if it's ok with the mods.
  • Options
    PM me the website address would you Iscariot? But yea that's very dear for a mushroom kit, it costs £25 near me.
  • Options
    Mine cost £20, we got two batches and they wernt overly potent But it did the job! :D
    We also fuked up a bit in the whole thing by using parts of our fridge to make the dome thing that goes over the top, it was well homemade and hardcore.
    I think your gettin really ripped off with those prices btw!

Bopz
  • Options
    Originally posted by Iscariot
    but it does say mushrooms for life.

Yeah, but no matter the cost you can get shrooms 'for life' as they say, you dont have to pay stupid amounts to do it.

Once your cake has loadsa lovely shrooms, cut the head off a shroom & put it on bit of paper & it makes a spore print (spores fall off veiny like bits on underside of shroom - u know the greyish coloured things) then you knock the pores off and you can grow them.

So even if you use up the spores you buy, you can still grow your own again using your own spores..
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been researching it quite a lot lately.

Erowid has a pretty nice link(SporeLab) that sells 3 syringes for $25. They have :

India
    B+
    Koh Samui
    Ecuador
    Tapalpa
    African Transkei
    Ban Nathon
    Amazonian
    'Z'
    Cambodian

I'm also looking into growing peyote, but it sounds like a lot of hard work.
  • Options
    Peyote isnt that much hard work, but they onyl flower every three years I think, so you have to have LOTS of plants to provide a regular supply of mescaline.

That and of course mescaline and probably therefore peyote is class A.