Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

freud!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
freud???????? opinions please! :lol:
just studied him in college and done my assesment based around him and his theories. what a freaky freaky guy!
anyone else studied him, what do you think of him? he had my head pickled.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Tis interesting stuff, if nothing else.
  • Options
    some of his stuff is pretty mind boggling. his theories on a childs personality development all seems to boil down to sex! ive had to read about oral fixation, anal fixation, wanting to marry our parent and penis envy and other crazy stuff like that :eek: . the guy was a little bonkers i think despite the fact he is a highly regarded theorists.
  • Options
    Up to the eyeballs on drugs and desperate for fame is what he was. That said, a fair amount of it makes good sense. His model of personality with the id, ego and superego seems pretty true to life, and defence mechanisms can be seen in practice all over the place. Fixation in the psychosexual stages seems as good an explanation as any other for differences in personality. And it seems to work in therapy, so it can't be all bad.
  • Options
    He's interesting, granted.

But also weird.

What about girls developing penis envy. :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil

What about girls developing penis envy. :eek2:

come on, own up, youve had penis envy!

:lol:

i can honestly say in my 25 years ive never had penis envy, well not that i can remember! :)
  • Options
    Apparently, women only overcome penis envy by having children or adopting a more masculine role.:crazyeyes I don't know what to think to that!
  • Options
    :mad: down with all penis! :lol:
  • Options
    Dare I ask what penis envy entails?
  • Options
    girls feel that they have been castrated and therefore are envious of those with a penis or something like that and we control our penis envy by either being more masculine or having children or xomething like that!! its some crazy poop! :)
  • Options
    I quite like Freud, definitely a product of his time/society but aren't we all? I'd love to get into psychoanalysis after I've done my degree, of course it isn't so Freudian based nowdays 'cos there are so many other theories that don't revolve around how well your potty training went.

I've studied him quite in depth and I do like the idea of the Id, the ego and the superego, kind of makes sense to me. I think a lot of the time people are driven by "basic instincts" but of course there are so many other things that influence our behaviour that it is impossible to pin it all down to one thing.
  • Options
    I touched on his theories in AS psychology and have looked into them further at A2.
    I would love to read into them more as they could be very facinating, although I think that there is no way that they could be at all accurate. However, he must've been a very intelligent man to come up with such a theory that could fit so well
  • Options
    i think the guy was doobied out his nut on a regular basis! :lol:

well my assessment is done and dusted. ill know if ive got his kookie ass theories if i pass my assesment!
  • Options
    When I had my 'problem' published in the Observer magazine a few weeks ago Mariells Frostrup said she wasn't going to come over 'Mock Freudian' for which I was grateful!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    When I had my 'problem' published in the Observer magazine a few weeks ago Mariells Frostrup said she wasn't going to come over 'Mock Freudian' for which I was grateful!!

what did she say?
  • Options
    She said that It was odd that I had such a high moral stance and yet I was able to lie so easily! And that perhaps some adult with a cavalier attitude to sex had effected me during my childhood (True!!) and that I should work out what I want and join the sexual revolution that has been going on since the sixties!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    i think the guy was doobied out his nut on a regular basis! :lol:

Well he was a known cocaine addict.