Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Have i left it too late for Uni?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello

Until just recently i had something holding me back from going to university, but now im in the position where i can dedicate time to full time education i think i may be too late for the next term.

Apparently the closing date for UCAS applications is January 15th so im practiaclly 3 months too late.

Do you think i should still try and send off my UCAS form and see what they say or would i have more chance going straight to clearing?

I know all my answers could be solved if i just rang up a university but im rubbish at trying to explain myself over the phone, so advice from you guys first would be much appreciated
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You can still send your form, but no university is obliged to take you. It might be worth a try if you're looking at an unpopular course or something, which might not have been filled.

Either that or wait until clearing. Otherwise you'll have to just take a gap year and apply for 2005. Good luck.

Potentially useful link
  • Options
    Hey i didnt apply until about this late last year either and i still got accepted by all 5 that i applied for. Dont threat :) and theres always clearing anyway
  • Options
    It really depends on your course. If you're doing med, dentistry etc. then it's unlikely but not impossible. Popular universities are also unlikely but if you have no preference then go ahead! BUT TRY UCAS EXTRA. It on;y came in last year (i ran it in the 6th form i worked in:)) and its there to get rid of the best places to people on a second chance before the dreaded clearing. Clearing trying to be phased out now!
    Try that and let us know how you get on!
  • Options
    hey cheers guys, that has definetly helped.

I'll send my UCAS off this week and let you know how i get on, the course im doing is computer science but there are many types so im slightly more optomistic about my chances.
  • Options
    Best chance is through clearing, but you'd have to be flexible on where you want to study, and be on the phones right away on the day it starts.

LOL talking about this brings back memories; last year I was borderline on whether i'd get my first or insurance choice, and I had theo pportunity to go to Namibia and Botswana for three weeks, but the foureth day would be results day. I decided to risk it and went carrying my mobile. To my horror on the day we were in the middle of the desert, and I went about like a headless chicken trying to find a landline, and after a few hours found one and did a reverse charge call to my school ( :lol: ) and found I'd got the exact points needed for my insurance, Liverpool.

God knows what I would have done if I'd needed clearing... not going to uni wasn't really an option.