Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Heavy Metal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What are your views on Metal?

I think it is the greatest form of music ever. Truely timeless. I'm not talking about any subgenre but Metal in general.

It's got the strength, complexity and symbolism of Classical, it's got the uniqueness and bruteness of Punk while occasionally it has the infectiousness of Pop and the experimentation of Techno/IDM. It's fashions and styles are comfortable and not dependant on trends.

It's the ultimate evolution of music surely. Or is it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Heavy Metal
    Originally posted by Braineater
    What are your views on Metal?

I think it is the greatest form of music ever. Truely timeless. I'm not talking about any subgenre but Metal in general.

It's got the strength, complexity and symbolism of Classical, it's got the uniqueness and bruteness of Punk while occasionally it has the infectiousness of Pop and the experimentation of Techno/IDM. It's fashions and styles are comfortable and not dependant on trends.

It's the ultimate evolution of music surely. Or is it?

It's the single most shit-hottest form of music ever. There's nothing like listening to a decent metal song, and feeling the double bass drums hit you on the head like a sledgehammer :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I cant say I like every single song in that genre, but its good in general