Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Back for a 2nd round...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So it's been about two years since I've posted anything on thesite, and I had forgotten all about it until recently. I used to post under the name starstruck7, but I can't remember the password for that logon and no longer use the email address that I registered with it so I can't even have the password emailed to me.

Oh well... As I'm sure that it's been too long for anyone to remember me I guess I'll go over the important facts. My name is Sarah. I'm 22 and living in North Carolina. Graduated from university last year (UNC-Chapel Hill) and am currently working in a research lab over at Duke University which I love.

Well, I guess that's about it from me for now....

Comments

• Options
    hey :) nice of you to join us. hows carolina this time of year.
  • Options
    It's nice pretty spring weather today for a change. Carolina weather is so funny - about a month ago we had a snow storm and then the next week it's t-shirt weather again... and then the cycle repeats again. If you don't like the weather here you can always just give it a couple of days and it will be completely different.
  • Options
    Re: Back for a 2nd round...
    Originally posted by carolina_girl
    So it's been about two years since I've posted anything on thesite, and I had forgotten all about it until recently. I used to post under the name starstruck7, but I can't remember the password for that logon and no longer use the email address that I registered with it so I can't even have the password emailed to me.

Oh well... As I'm sure that it's been too long for anyone to remember me I guess I'll go over the important facts. My name is Sarah. I'm 22 and living in North Carolina. Graduated from university last year (UNC-Chapel Hill) and am currently working in a research lab over at Duke University which I love.

Well, I guess that's about it from me for now....
    Hello there! I used to work as a research assistant! What research do you do?
  • Options
    Hiya :wave:
  • Options
    Heya! :wave:
  • Options
    I work at the business school but for a social psychologist... so most of the research is psychology stuff. We do a lot of studies on subliminal messages and also on mimicry (how people unconsciously copy each others body language). Today I'm running studies all day which can get a bit boring since most of it's on the computer so I just basically get to sit and do nothing (besides play on the internet) all day.

What type of research did you do?
  • Options
    Another American!!!! :D (im from Utah)

I am not much of a basketball fan but I heard Duke was really good in basketball. Alot of guys here used to talk about Duke alot. And watching ESPN a few times, you do have some mighty fine basketball players...

Did I read North Carolina??? As in the famous 'white and blue school colors' ??? so many people wear things with NC on it.

Ok, enough blabbing.. :)

Welcome back!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Another American!!!! :D (im from Utah)

yes yes, we shall overtake this message board one day *evil laugh*
  • Options
    Well I guess I fall into the "another American" category... but I'm actually Canadian - just have been living in the US since I was 12. I had originally found this board though when I was living in Edinburgh.

Duke is pretty good but I have a hard time cheering for them since I went to UNC myself (another blue & white colour school). Basketball is an obsession here and Duke and UNC pretty much hate each other because of it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by carolina_girl
    Well I guess I fall into the "another American" category... but I'm actually Canadian - just have been living in the US since I was 12. I had originally found this board though when I was living in Edinburgh.

Duke is pretty good but I have a hard time cheering for them since I went to UNC myself (another blue & white colour school). Basketball is an obsession here and Duke and UNC pretty much hate each other because of it.

ohhh, canadian, eh ;) cool, you have good beer up there
  • Options
    I guess the beer is pretty good... but then again since I was a kid living there I didn't even know it at the time.

Going back though to visit family I do enjoy the beer. However (at least the last time I was there) they have the strangest cigarette ads - pictures of cancerous organs right there on your pack. Sortof turned my stomach a bit... but of course I still smoked so it can't be too effective.