Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

for the girls: protective fathers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I've learned today that the girl I like has a really[/b protective father. Is this bad? :( It's not like I'm a perve but I'm about 1 and a half years older than her (she's in the academic year below me at college).

Ho hum. Can't stop thinking about her :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: for the girls: protective fathers
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Well I've learned today that the girl I like has a really[/b protective father. Is this bad? :( It's not like I'm a perve but I'm about 1 and a half years older than her (she's in the academic year below me at college).

to be honest you don't know until you meet him or get more involved with her, do you?

if he is though, good luck, and for the love of God - don't piss off daddy's little girl, you don't want to face a father's wrath!
    well, as long as you treat her right, and dont hurt her or anything, you should be fine. 1 1/2 years isnt too bad, but it depends upon her father's opinion. how well do you know her?? just try to get to know her, then ask her about her family (obviously dont say something like "soo, i hear ur dad's really strict??"). im sure you'll get the correct info from her!!
    also, when you meet her parents (if the 2 of you get 2geva), then be polite, but not too quiet. just chat away to them, in general conversation. that way they'll respect you for having yur own opinions, etc, and he may think "he seems alright, i dont see him hurting my daughter, he's quite mature"
    good luck :D
    So she's about 15 is she?

No wonder he's protective.

Things might change when she's older but I think a parent has a right to be protective of their child.
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    well, as long as you treat her right, and dont hurt her or anything, you should be fine.
    good luck :D

I think we all try to do this, doesn't quite work out like that
    Originally posted by byny
    So she's about 15 is she?

No wonder he's protective.

Things might change when she's older but I think a parent has a right to be protective of their child.

yes :) as long as protecting her doesnt mean kicking the shit out of me :thumb:. If we get together then I'm concerned that her dad will be one of those "no boys for you" type of people. After talking with said persons sister (who reassures me she likes me :D) I don't think he's that bad tbh. I don't know why I listen to gossip sometimes! :p

And she's nearly 15 :blush: I feel like a perve. But like; if you meet her and talk to her she's like nice and it's not like I wanna do bad things cos you all know I'm theshyboy :p it's just it doesn't seem bad to like her when I'm talking to her face. Apart from on paper. But then again there are plenty of 15 yr old girls going out with 19 yr old guys :yeees:.
    . But then again there are plenty of 15 yr old girls going out with 19 yr old guys :yeees:.

Whats wrong with that? :p
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Whats wrong with that? :p

From the girl's point of view nothing! But why a 19 year old bloke would want to go out with a 15 year old kid worries me slightly!
    Originally posted by Faith
    From the girl's point of view nothing! But why a 19 year old bloke would want to go out with a 15 year old kid worries me slightly!

yeah i have to agree with that - fact is girls are believed to be more mature, but they're not they are just desperate to be - you go through so many changes
    yeah, she may be 14, mate, but you're only 16, so it's not scary or owt.

if i were you, and you're really into this girl, i would seriously try to get on her dad's good side. if you meet him, be polite, let him know you have nothing but good intentions regarding his daughter, you are an upstanding young citizen. if you go out somewhere ALWAYS have her back on time.

unless he's some kind of psycho, he'll soon learn that you're pretty harmless, and should lay off a little.
    Re: for the girls: protective fathers

Why is it necessarily bad??

He clearly loves his daughter, so he would naturally be protective of her!

I think you'd have to learn to live with it and accept the fact that the dad is looking out for his daughter.
    And she's nearly 15

So she's 14 and you 19. She's a bit young for you don't you think? If I my sister was 14 and a lad of 19 wanted to date her, I think I'd tell him where to get off... and that's not where.
    I'm theshyboy

The shy types are always the worst :p.
    If he's gonna be overly protective, he probably wouldn't like her having a b/f at all, let alone one over a year older than her. That said, I don't know him. You'd just have to see how it pans out...
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    So she's 14 and you 19. She's a bit young for you don't you think? If I my sister was 14 and a lad of 19 wanted to date her, I think I'd tell him where to get off... and that's not where.

The shy types are always the worst :p.

I'm 16. :)
    Originally posted by Faith

Tight flaps :yeees:
    I'm a daddy's girl - and my father doesn't even talk to my boyfriend because he's so protective !! :eek: