Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

memories and music

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i just heard this song on the radio, i can't remember the title, but it's the song that Carl and James Robertshaw used in 1999/8 (can't remember which one<) for their prizewinning set, at the international kite flying championships, and all the memories of being in dieppe, in france and being with by my mate Rachel, who has now gone back to OZ, but being up on the hill above the festival and hearding on the loud speakers that Britain had won, all those memories just came flooding back.

has any one had one of those moments lately???

and if you know that song please tell me.

Luby
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    shades of rhythm always does it for me, reminds me of the summer of 2002!
  • Options
    Robbie Williams - Feel - last year, my first at uni - good times
  • Options
    Papa Roach, Alien Ant Farm, Crazytown and Limp Bizkit remind me of Sixth Form, and apprently Muse's 'Plug In Baby' reminds sixth formers of me :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blackout
    and apprently Muse's 'Plug In Baby' reminds sixth formers of me :)

that's funny - Plug In Baby is the song I lost my virginity to - oh the romance!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have many songs like this. I call them "nostalgia songs", but they don't all remind me of things that happened at the time I was hearing them. Some, for example, some remind me of disussions I had with others about the particular song.
    Something weird: My all-time favourite song is a nostalgia song, and strongest of them. Almost always when I hear it, it makes me cry. But it's still my favourite song.
  • Options
    Ibiza 99 - The Year Of Trance. 99 was the best summer of my life.. and 2000 was pretty good two. Stick that album and 'member the good times.
  • Options
    date rape by sublime reminds me of 2001 summer in ardeche, and the dj pied piper reminds me of my ex ex!! heard it the other day. made me laugh cos he was obsessed with it!