Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Me and Kissing.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi...
Got a bit of a problem.. I'm a rather inexperienced person when it comes to sex and relationships and have only kissed 3 people in my 18yrs of living. Not had sex, obviously, and have never done anything physically intimate...

The thing is, I've not properly kissed anyone for 3 years and in a couple of weeks, the subject/act *for the want of a better phrase* may arise...

The 3 'snogs' I have had were all really awful and ever since then, I've been so put off and scared to do it, in case I still hate it, or incase I muck it up...

Don't know what to do, I'm desperate to get back into the whole 'relationships/intimacy' stuff, but am so scared...

Plus, the guy I might 'snog' has been my best friend for 4 and a half years, so you can understand how worried I am...

Any tips/advice or help would be cool, SweetLeaf.

Comments

• Options
    Don't let your tongue go limp but move it around his, or playfully
    push his tongue out with yours, then let him
    push your tongue back into your mouth, and so on.

http://www.kissingbooth.com/kiss.htm

The only way to get good at kissing and comfortable with it, is to practice. Dont let your partner go farther than what your comfortable with. The key is to communicate what you like and what you dont.
  • Options
    It comes with practice, just dont go sticking your tounge all in and kissing like a washing machine :yuck:
  • Options
    At the end of the day if it feels good do it, and if it doesn't don't! Kissing, while nice, isn't going to be a major thing once you're used to it. You could try talking to him about it?

Either way if you're nervous take things slow and perhaps try kissing without tongues to start then just... follow his lead?
  • Options
    just go gently with your lips + tongue - always a good starting point
  • Options
    Yes... I know HOW to kiss... :rolleyes: :lol:
    I just haven't enjoyed it, so I'm uber put off to do it again... :confused:

SweetLeaf.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SweetLeaf

SweetLeaf.

So what the hell do you want to know? :rolleyes:

If you know how to kiss what's the problem? You don't enjoy it? How the hell are we supposed to help, do it for you? :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by SweetLeaf

SweetLeaf.

oh I was like that, I had the two most awful experiences of being mouth raped by boys who had day jobs as washing machines/hoovers :eek2: however, with your perfect boy it should go fine (as it did for me) just let him take the lead (so much easier that way) relax and just think of how nice it is as opposed to how horrible it was back then

practise makes perfect :)
  • Options
    if hes been your best mate for over 4 years you should feel you are able to tell him most things.just go for it with him.if things dont go quite to plan share your fears or even better share your fears with him beforehand.im sure he'll understand.+he prob knows the extent of your lovelife + what your like+even if it ends up goin somehow terribly wrong(which i think is vvvvvvvvvvvvvv unlikely!) hes not gona judge you on 1 kiss.i know from experience that if i like some1+first time we kiss aint too good im v willing to give them another few tries:) the way 2people kiss doesnt always work straight away, sometimes kissing techniques need adapting so suit each other

gd luck+hapi snoggin :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    oh I was like that, I had the two most awful experiences of being mouth raped by boys who had day jobs as washing machines/hoovers :
    :)

oh, i had the same, he was like french kissing my nose, i was like "can't you tell that's not my mouth!!"
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    It comes with practice, just dont go sticking your tounge all in and kissing like a washing machine :yuck:

:lol: dont make washing machine noise either!! :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by pussy_palace
    :lol: dont make washing machine noise either!! :yuck:

good tip....number of times i made that mistake.....although they like if you can learn to shake like one though!
  • Options
    I don't really see the appeal of tongue, just using the mouth and lips is much nicer. I love having my lips nibbled on, but maybe I'm just a freak:)

Just relax and be yourself- it does come naturally. Be slow, be gentle, and be frugal with the tongue. At least until you're at the ripping-off-clothes stage:p
  • Options
    I know your asking for help and all,
    But some people like you on here piss me of!
    The whole joys and fun of kissing,holding hands,love sex and whatever etc: is meant to be something you learn by experiencing and experimenting with.
    You havent really experienced many kisses- just wait till your with the right person and it will all come naturally! Then if you need pointers the Guru will advise!
  • Options
  • Options
    I'd say just try and relax and don't worry.
    make sure it happens in a comfortable (maybe more private/dicreet) environment though.

then everything should go fine. :thumb: