Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Move or stay?????????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

I can't cope livin wi ma family there really puttin me down! They never give me £ !I'm expected 2 do everythin!!!Ma exams(prelims)are soon and i really can't cope!! I'm 16 im March!!So after ma exams in June i'mmovin down 2 Cambridge 2 live with ma boyf! His parents asked!And it would be so much easier!I could earn my own £, i'd have my own space!And i'd get 2 b wi ma boyf!He moved from Scotland 2 Cambridge and it's had!!BUT my dad is expecting me 2 stay on @ skool and do ma highers!! I din't want 2 hurt him but i really want 2 go!!! WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO??????????

Comments

• Options
    You have to put things in perspective here. Do you honestly think it's going to be easy living with your boyfriend? What's going to happen if you break up? Where will you get your income from?

I know a girl who was like you, she ran away from her family and stayed with her boyfriend. She didn't have a job, came to college with lovebites and got ill because she ate such a poor diet.

I understand that, at your age you will be considering moving out. But it's not the present you need to think about, it's the future. If you're gonna get good grades for your GCSEs, it'd be a good idea to stay on and do Alevels. I'm doing them now and they're great, there are so many options too and you don't have to be a straight A student to get them.

I'm curious about what job you want to do when you're older, maybe you could go to a college where your bloke lives.
  • Options
    stay home. I was like you. at your age living with your boyfriend could prove fatal, spending too much time together can damage a young relationship. The time you spend together would no longer be special. why dont you get a job where you live now?