Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sex and the law

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    people who condone incest as being right ...or as being something to do with upholding freedom as liber states are loosing sight of what a brother and sister ...mother and daughter, son and father relationship is all about.
    how about such things as dignity ...self control ...
    a very dangerous idea and in my opinion quite sick.
    but then in this modern world ...some people have come to believe they are entitled to behave as they see fit ...do whatever they want ...i want it all and i want it now ...it's my right ...this is what will undo our civilisation. every civilisation so far has collapsed ...this one i fear will collapse becuase of greed ...selfishness and sheer fucking stupidity and indecency.
    oh what an old fashioned word aye ...indecency.

Oh, of course. I can't speak for monocrat, but I'm just being contrary tonight because it makes for a more interesting debate.

The greed and selfishness of society today is a huge problem- no-one wants to look beyond what they have, and no-one seems to care who gets trampled at the bottom so long as it isn't them. The attitude to sex scares me more than anything- it's only fun, innit? It's not a huge leap from that attitude to the attitude that sex itself is a right, and that rape is no different to stealing a loaf of bread- an opinion I've heard on here before, sickeningly enough.

But what to do about it? That's always the problem- it isn't in peoples' self-interest to help others at the minute, because people don't grasp the idea that humans need a community in which to survive and thrive. I just fear for the day when people do realise that, because by then it will be far too late.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I'm dubious about a 1 in 3 figure, because even on the interwebnet there aren't that many gays and lesbians, though bisexuality amongst young women seems to be unfathomably popular (something to do with Willow in Buffy, me thinks)

Or the fact that homosexuality and bisexuality is becoming increasingly accepted.

Anyway, what's the point in legalising incest when it's so uncommon? It's not like a huge group od people are being oppressed.
    Oh, of course. I can't speak for monocrat, but I'm just being contrary tonight because it makes for a more interesting debate.

The greed and selfishness of society today is a huge problem- no-one wants to look beyond what they have, and no-one seems to care who gets trampled at the bottom so long as it isn't them. The attitude to sex scares me more than anything- it's only fun, innit? It's not a huge leap from that attitude to the attitude that sex itself is a right, and that rape is no different to stealing a loaf of bread- an opinion I've heard on here before, sickeningly enough.

But what to do about it? That's always the problem- it isn't in peoples' self-interest to help others at the minute, because people don't grasp the idea that humans need a community in which to survive and thrive. I just fear for the day when people do realise that, because by then it will be far too late.
    core! one of those rare moments when we agree! theres a pint behind the bar for you kermit.
    theres a pint behind the bar for you kermit.

It's a pint of Wobbly Bob, if you're thinking of offering:p
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    If you think the following is off-topic, please feel free to ignore this post.

I remember a case where someone was in love with her step-brother. They had no genetic relation whatsoever, and yet that relationship was discouraged by everyone. Why was that, since they weren't blood related?
    For the record: I am against incest, be it between siblings or parents and child or whatever. I just don't think this paricular case is incest.
    What do you say about this?

There used to be a poster on here, a long time ago who fell in love with her step brother, and they had sex.
    They broke up and last i heard it ripped the family apart.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    There used to be a poster on here, a long time ago who fell in love with her step brother, and they had sex.
    They broke up and last i heard it ripped the family apart.

Hm, yes, that's a reason. I should have thoght of this before. I'm too ashamed now....
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    I think in the interests of freedom a person should be able to engage in incest!

I had never thought of this subject (thank doG), but I must say that I agree with Sole.

Sexual abuse or sexual harasment are illegal. I don't know much about British laws but in Spain there should be a good study of these legal terms. Incest by itself should not be illegal, it's the abuse that it could carry with it that should be persecuted, and for what I know it is.
    It's not being debated because 99.9% of the worlds population find the idea despicable.

Saying that "99.9% of the world think..." is very surprising coming from you Whowhere.
    about everyone doing what the hell they like as long as it husts no one else ...thats anarchy

I'm also surprised that Morrocon Roll confuses Chaos with Anarchy.

I don't know how to finish this post...
    Originally posted by xicoperez

Saying that "99.9% of the world think..." is very surprising coming from you Whowhere.

Until this post, i have NEVER met anyone who advocated incest. I have never spoken to anyone who advocates it.
    And at the moment, from all the people who have posted on this topic, only 1 and a half people do advocate it.
    Sole, is the 1, you are the half.

We have detailed the moral and legal reasons why it is, and should remain illegal. There is no GOOD reason for incest. For most of the population it is physically and mentally impossible to find a close relative attractive, for the pyschological reasons I went into before.

We dont find siblings and parents attractive because deep down in our brains we are hardwired to feel unconditional love for them, but not a sexual attraction. it's natures way of stopping the spread of genetic deformity, thats how it should stay.
    What does advocate mean?

And why am I half?
    Advocate, means to agree with and to allow something to happen.

Many Germans advocated Hitler's murder of the jews.
    many Americans advocated George Bush's invasion of Iraq.

You're a half because you only agree with incest in principle, if we're free we should do what we want sort of thing.

If you're like Sole and think we should all be humping our sisters then you can be a whole :D
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Chica?

She came back for a bit and then disappeared again :(

I didnt wanna say her name, but yeah lol.
    I don't agree with incest.

If 99.99% of the world (not a fact) feel unconditional love for their close family members (not a fact) and are not atracted to them (not a fact). Why would we need the law?

As I said incest is not the problem it's the abuses or psychological problems behind it that should be looked at.

What is a close family member? In Spain there are two types of cousins: Primo and primo-hermano or cousin-brother. This would be the son of your aunt. Is that a close family member here? In Spain it is. In Colombia even more. But over there they get married as a usual thing between cousins. It's not incest.

It's ok then to fuck your cousins?

If its your mother she is abusing you, the incest is not a problem. Or you are abusing her. Because of the trust and all that you clearly explained before. She is abusing her power: Sexual abuse.

If it's your sister there might be something wrong with you, unless you are Heidi Klum's brother...

Incest in itself is not the problem. Ah...

The deformities and so-on... Drinking during pregnancy is not ilegal...

Breaking families apart... adultery is not illegal...
    We have detailed the moral and legal reasons why it is, and should remain illegal. There is no GOOD reason for incest. For most of the population it is physically and mentally impossible to find a close relative attractive, for the pyschological reasons I went into before.

Eew, it's gross! :eek: is not a "moral and legal reason", FYI.

For a lot of the population it is impossible to find members of the same sex sexually attractive, for the psychological and physiological reasons that if we were all gay we'd be extinct in a generation.

I don't believe monocrat actually said anywhere that he wanted to have incestuous sex- in fact he states the opposite- but he quite points out that if two willing partners want to have sex with each other, and they happen to be relatives, then whose business is it anyway?
    Eew, it's gross! :eek: is not a "moral and legal reason", FYI.

For a lot of the population it is impossible to find members of the same sex sexually attractive, for the psychological and physiological reasons that if we were all gay we'd be extinct in a generation.

I don't believe monocrat actually said anywhere that he wanted to have incestuous sex- in fact he states the opposite- but he quite points out that if two willing partners want to have sex with each other, and they happen to be relatives, then whose business is it anyway?

Moral reason-It is morally wrong to treat a sibling, mother, father, son or daughter as an object of lust

legal reason-It is illegal in order to protect the children from abuse, and to prevent the spread of genetic disease.

There is very rarely 2 willing partners, more often than not it is the mother or father exploiting the child.
    Moral reason-It is morally wrong to treat a sibling, mother, father, son or daughter as an object of lust

Who defines morals?

legal reason-It is illegal in order to protect the children from abuse, and to prevent the spread of genetic disease.

There is very rarely 2 willing partners, more often than not it is the mother or father exploiting the child.

Existing laws would prevent children from being abused- sexual assault is sexual assault regardless of the perpetrator, and parents or siblings abusing children would be done for child abuse, not incest.

The genetic disease argument is deeply flawed, otherwise ALL eugenics arguments should be supported, starting with those who have a high risk of passing on "bad" genes to their children.
    father and son/daughter having sex with each other would no longer be a father son/daughter relationship.
    maybe people have lost sight of the roles and responsibilities put on us as family members.
    would you honestly feel ok if your father came to you and suggested having sex with you cos he's started getting horny everytime he saw you?
    if the family next door or your reletives were into shagging their children ...some of you would be comfortable with that?

the western world is going down the fucking drain.
    how about legalising necrophillia then ...for freedoms sake of course ...doesn't hurt anyone after all.
    how about legalising necrophillia then ...for freedoms sake of course ...doesn't hurt anyone after all.

Depends if the dead body consents:p
    Who defines morals?

Existing laws would prevent children from being abused- sexual assault is sexual assault regardless of the perpetrator, and parents or siblings abusing children would be done for child abuse, not incest.

The genetic disease argument is deeply flawed, otherwise ALL eugenics arguments should be supported, starting with those who have a high risk of passing on "bad" genes to their children.

The majority do. For thousands of years the majority have quite rightly classed incest as wrong and immoral.

There is nothing at all wrong with the genetic argument, incestual relationships are the biggest potential cause of a deformed child.
    As for eugenics, only eugenics that is based on scientific fact should be supported, not the racist fads of the 1940's.
    The majority do. For thousands of years the majority have quite rightly classed incest as wrong and immoral.

Homsexuality was immoral. It was moral to burn people at the stake. Just a thought.

There is nothing at all wrong with the genetic argument, incestual relationships are the biggest potential cause of a deformed child.

Proof?

As for eugenics, only eugenics that is based on scientific fact should be supported, not the racist fads of the 1940's.

People who have genetic defects in their genetic line are more likely to pass them on to their children- should they be stopped? No is the answer. So why different for incest?
    As a whole the concept of evolution revolves around fit and healthy people mating. The idea being the genes that benefit most will be passed onto more children who will in turn pass it on. This is achieved by continual mixing of the gene pool. This allows humans to adapt to combat disease and other environmental situations. If you limit the gene pool in any way human beings will have increasing difficulty in adapting to different situations. By allowing incest you are stopping the gene pool from intermingling and the healthy positive genes rising to become more common and dangerous poor genes causing problems to be filtered out slowly.

This is also apart from the fact you have huge problems with social interactions and are isolating communities.
    As Kermit said asked... Should we stop people with genetic deformities mating?

And what about two gay men... they wont have healthy kids. That must be against evolution.

And anyway this has turned into reproduccion. I haven't had a kid everytime I've had sex.

I still think there are no good reasons to persecute someone for sleeping with a family member.

I'm starting to believe there is NO objective morality.

Why should a person be 'nice' to their relatives??

People once thought slavery was moral, yet today we don't!

Heh, why not??
    Necrophillia is illegal?
    are your family really attractive or something? Just do it and don't tell anyone, problem solved.
    Originally posted by xicoperez
    Necrophillia is illegal?

Duh!!:rolleyes: