Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex and the law

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Should incest ever be legalised??

It doesn't violate any right to person or property. The only negative thing about it is the risk of genetically bad offspring.

As for the 'eeewwwwwwwwww!!!' factor, shit, many things are 'gross'. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    We've discussed this before.
    Incest is in common law alongside murder and rape.
    It's illegal because it has the potential to cause so much devestation, to lives and families as well as the huge potential to create genetically inferior offspring. That's why there are so many natural and legal safeguards to prevent it. Humans SELDOM find close relatives attractive, the pyschologists believe it is because any time spent in close proximity to someone at an early age triggers something in the brain that causes that person to be off limits.
    This applies to parents and to siblings, but can also apply to close childhood friends, I'm sure you'll find that if you have a close female friend you won't look at her in a sexual way if you have known her for a long time.

Incest usually only takes place if an adult member of the family initiates it, ie a mother or father taking advantage of a child.

Which is why, people who find brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers as sexually attractive can be quite safely described as sick in the head, because it's very likely that one of the natural safeguards in the brain wasn't triggered at an early age.
  • Options
    Aside from genetically defective children, son and mum having sex doesn't harm me!!

In a free society maybe it should be legal!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    Aside from genetically defective children, son and mum having sex doesn't harm me!!

nah because most times it's because one inititates it and the other is led into it by being confused by the high level of trust and love normally between family members. so its basically abuse. i dont think youll find people who 'just love each other' in that kind of relationship; one or both has been mentally... corrupted I guess because they arent thinking straight.
  • Options
    what about in adults then? e.g. the typical soap opera issue where brother and sister meet up as adults after being separated since birth, e.g. due to adoption?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maladjusted
    what about in adults then? e.g. the typical soap opera issue where brother and sister meet up as adults after being separated since birth, e.g. due to adoption?

thats a unique enough case :chin: I would advise them not to go ahead anyway; meet other people. But technically that wouldn't be so bad (apart from the genetic thing, of course)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Maladjusted

It does happen, but only because the bonding required at early age to prevent them being attracted to one another doesn't happen.
    But it rarely happens.

Sole Liber, incest has been illegal for hundreds, maybe even thousands of years. animals don't do it, and they live in a free society, and we don't do it because most of us are hardwired in our minds to find the whole idea disgusting.
    Except you of course.
  • Options

Abuse of power innit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    animals don't do it

don't quote me but im sure some animals do :confused: like brother and sister animals. im not sure though :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    It does happen, but only because the bonding required at early age to prevent them being attracted to one another doesn't happen.
    But it rarely happens.

Sole Liber, incest has been illegal for hundreds, maybe even thousands of years. animals don't do it, and they live in a free society, and we don't do it because most of us are hardwired in our minds to find the whole idea disgusting.
    Except you of course.

Everyone thinks differently fuckwit.

Don't you realise that??

Read some psychological texts if you don't believe me......:cool:
  • Options
    I also think haveing sex cousins/auntie/uncle should be classed as incest as well. If your uncle is your dads brother and he has kids then ain't they blood related? I'm not to sure if there would be any problems with having children with a cousins though. Why is it that there would be problems if 2 family members did have a child?
  • Options
    Something to do with recessive genes.
  • Options

Whatever floats ya boat. ;)

Ever been to a cat show? Ever seen crufts? The animals on those are inbred to inherit traits from close siblings, hence the reason why some people disagree with them... because there are so many defects. I know this because a lady I know used to own a King Charles Spaniel with a minor facial defect, all her teeth kinda stuck out the side of her mouth (the spaniel's, not the lady) because of inbreeding.

Isn't there a tribe somewhere that only has 2 toes?

I'm sure incest still goes on in some societies.
  • Options
    Everyone thinks differently fuckwit.

Don't you realise that??

Read some psychological texts if you don't believe me......:cool:

Excuse me?
    If everyone thought differently then the topic of incest would be being debated in parliament right now.
    I think you'll find that the only people who agree with incest are you and a few sick paedophiles.

As for those tribes, i think you'll find the genetic defects happened a long time ago, and are the result of inbreeding a long long time ago and not any recent activity.
  • Options
    Well according to this source ...
    The description and analysis of incest, and beliefs concerning incest, are complicated by the fact that the definitions of "close family member" and "sex" vary widely across cultures. For example, Trobriand Islanders prohibit both sexual relations between a man and his mother, and between a woman and her father, but they describe these prohibitions in very different ways: relations between a man and his mother fall within the category of forbidden relations among members of the same clan; relations between a woman and her father do not. This is because the Trobrianders are matrilineal; children belong to the clan of their mother and not of their father. Thus, sexual relations between a man and his mother's sister (and mother's sister's daughter) are also considered incestuous, but relations between a man and his father's sister are not. Indeed, a man and his father's sister will often have a flirtatious relationship, and a man and the daughter of his father's sister may prefer to have sexual relations or marry.
    I think you'll find that the only people who agree with incest are you and a few sick paedophiles.

Incest and paedophilia aren't the same thing. :eek2:

The tribe I'm talking about are the Vadoma tribe with feet kinda like...

photo_ostrachfeet.jpg

Now their leader said they couldn't marry outside the group... thus incest must have occured. Yes this originally was a few centuries ago, but the human brain wouldn't have evolved in such a short period of time.
  • Options
    Re: Sex and the law
    Should incest ever be legalised??

It doesn't violate any right to person or property. The only negative thing about it is the risk of genetically bad offspring.

:
    the ONLY negative ...!!!!!!!!!!!
    freedom can only exist with responsibilities. living in a free society never was and isn't now, about everyone doing what the hell they like as long as it husts no one else ...thats anarchy.
    there seem to be more and more people wanting everything and anything ...lets tear up all and every rule ...the family unit as the foundation of society has almost been destroyed ...lets take cahances aye and tear up everything else.
    no i don't think incest should be legalised so if your mother wants to fuck with you ...she'll just have to do it as a criminal.
  • Options
    Yes, freedom DOES come with respsonsiblity. But that respsonsiblity is linked to RECOGNISING the CONSEQUENCES of actions!!
  • Options
    Yes, freedom DOES come with respsonsiblity. But that respsonsiblity is linked to RECOGNISING the CONSEQUENCES of actions!!
    and you obviously don't recognise much at all if you think the ONLY side effect might be some mutilated children! your a prick. go play with your mama ...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Sex and the law
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    ...the family unit as the foundation of society has almost been destroyed ...lets take cahances aye and tear up everything else.

I disagree... I believe family units are changing, not being destroyed. The nuclear family... well personally I don't believe it's for everyone. Fortunately now we have perfectly adequet single parent families, gay couples, people who co-habit and even small groups who have been handfasted together.

However incest... if you wanna do it, do it Liber. We all have our fetishes. ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Sex and the law
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I disagree... I believe family units are changing, Fortunately now we have perfectly adequet single parent families, gay couples, people who co-habit and even small groups who have been handfasted together.
    ;)
    but still structured as family ...when the family start shagging each other ...it is no longer family but a free for all ...we HAVE ...to have boundaries. boundaries are there not to restrict us but to protect..
  • Options
    the sole liber ; For fuck sakes, you never back up an argument.

Incest is fucking hell there is no word to describe how revolting that is..rotten.

It should never be made legal.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun

Incest is fucking hell there is no word to describe how revolting that is..rotten.

Mary-Lou: Hey Jed, yo mom say ya'll gotta get inside fer tea!
    Inbred jed: Hot dawg Mary-Lou, she's your Moma too!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun

Why is it 'rotten'??

What business is it of yours is it if family members have sex??

It doesn't harm you does it????! Oh OK, it offends!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    If everyone thought differently then the topic of incest would be being debated in parliament right now.

That's a simple fact of human existence, you fucker!!!:lol:

Not everybody's thoughts and desires are the same as yours!:yes: :yes:
  • Options
    But it is going to harm their children. If the conceive the child and it is severely disabled.

A man and his sister should not produce children. Not because it repulses me, or offends me, but because of the medical issues involved. If the option was there it would be abused, so the option should not stand.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Sex and the law
    but still structured as family ...when the family start shagging each other ...it is no longer family but a free for all ...we HAVE ...to have boundaries. boundaries are there not to restrict us but to protect..
    Exactly. Most illegal sexual activity (if not all) is illegal because it's somehow dangerous or damaging. For example, sex with under 16s. I know that under 16s think it sucks, but it's to protect them from abuse by older men / women. Not that it stops the abuse happening, maybe it's a bad example, but you take my point.
  • Options
    Why is it 'rotten'??

What business is it of yours is it if family members have sex??

It doesn't harm you does it????! Oh OK, it offends!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's a simple fact of human existence, you fucker!!!:lol:

Not everybody's thoughts and desires are the same as yours!:yes: :yes:

Why is that people who can't back up their opinions resort to name calling? The cliché marches on :thumb:
  • Options
    I think in the interests of freedom a person should be able to engage in incest!

I've stated how that harms you and you haven't responded!!!
  • Options
    I think in the interests of freedom a person should be able to engage in incest!

I've stated how that harms you and you haven't responded!!!

Fair enough. Go and shag your mum then.

No?

Didn't think so.
  • Options
    and you obviously don't recognise much at all if you think the ONLY side effect might be some mutilated children! your a prick. go play with your mama ...

People seem to be repeating themselves in this thread!

I stated that the possibility of genetically defective children was wrong!!
  • Options
    It's not being debated because 99.9% of the worlds population find the idea despicable.
    The fact that you are defending it so strongly makes us believe it may be because you engage in a bit of motherly love?

It's illegal because it is dangerous, and completely unnatural. The tribes in South America only did it out of necessity hundreds of years ago to keep the tribe going, now they are paying the price for it in genetic deformity.

A more modern day equivalent is a disease known as Tay-sachs disease, a crippling genetic deformity that leads to painful death in young children. Anyone can be born with it, however it's most common in people of Jewish descent, because for thousands of years Jewish people only married other Jewish people, passing the genetic deformity to their children, it is virtually unknown in Christians, Muslims and other religions.

The effects of an incestuous relationship may not be immediate, but over the years and generations it WILL lead to the inevitable genetic destruction of a community.

THAT is why it is illegal, you sick fuck.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Fair enough. Go and shag your mum then.

No?

Didn't think so.

I have do desire to 'shag my mum'!!!!

Just 'cos you condone something, doesn't mean you have to partake in it yourself!!!