Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fired from temp job!!! What now!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got fired from my temp 9-5 job (of almost 2 months) because I apparantly 'wasn't representing the recuitments agencty properly'....... (or whatever he said).
I don't get it........ lemme see, I was late on 2 occasions with valid reasons, but I stayed behind after 5pm on many occasions without asking for squat to finish my work.
I've recently been doing my job really well and I just got into the swing of things......... then all of a sudden they rang me and BANG....... "sorry we no longer want you to work for us" :confused:

Is this gonna look really bad on my record? Can I persuade them to take me on again? I still don't know why they sacked me but its really getting to me. This was my first EVER 9-5 full time job and I messed up!!!

Comments

• Options
    Hehe where were you working?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd ask them for a valid reason rather than some bullshit excuse.
  • Options
    It was the recuitment agency (Reed employment) that phoned me and said that they no longer require my service.

I had no problems at the actual work place (it was in a building society). I got on with the people, I started off slowly but that was obviously because I was still learning, but within a week or two I was always ahead in my work........ I DON'T GET IT!

I have a feeling that it was the few times that I was late that caused this (DAMN BUSES!!!), but I started to travel by other means of transport after a month and wasn't late since.

They could've at least given me a warning if I was doing something wrong! How do I know how they want to be represented if they don't tell me!!!

Not only did they say that I can no longer work at that building society, but they also said that that was my last assignment for Reed.

I'm gonna go to Reed this week and ask for an explation. What can I say to them......? What are my rights in this situation? Do they have any right to do this without giving me any sort of warning? I need help!!!
  • Options
    If you can't do anything about it after you visit them next then fuck the wankers, forget it and get a new job and move on.
  • Options
    Could it not just be that they no longer needed you, i.e you were covering for someone or they only needed someone for a couple of months?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Anti-Christ
    Could it not just be that they no longer needed you, i.e you were covering for someone or they only needed someone for a couple of months?
    Nope. The reason that they gave on my mobile answering machine was ............. "Unfortunatly we don't feel that you are representing Reed in the way that we wish"

........ or something like that.
  • Options
    Well tbh there's not much you can do. Move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    Nope. The reason that they gave on my mobile answering machine was ............. "Unfortunatly we don't feel that you are representing Reed in the way that we wish"

........ or something like that.

Employeers can be mean little bastards when they want to be - I remember the same thing happened to my brother. He was a temp. admin assitant for solicator and for no valid reason they brought him into the office and said they were letting him go. Unfortunately coz you were only a temp. they can get away with letting you go without having to justify themselves on why.

Suggest you move on and find other job as soon as possible. Don't let this knock any confidence out of you. Either, just find out from your last employer will they give you a reference for your next job and if not - Just don't mention in your CV about the temping you did there. Was only couple months - so you won't miss that much experience in your CV.

Good Luck ~
  • Options
    Well I would want an explanation from the agency, because although the actual company you were working for may not have needed you any more it seems strange that the agency should say that you aren't representing them properly and that you won't be employed through them any more :confused: