Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

weight loss tablets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you need to get them on prescription? if not where do i get them and what works? anyone know??

Love

Lizzy xXx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think to be prescribed weight loss tablets, you'd have to be severly obese. Most doctors will tell you to do it the traditional way and go on a well balanced diet if you're concerned.

Those tablets really won't do your body any favours.

As far as buying them, I think you can buy them without prescription, have a look around online, some of the 'headshop' type websites might stock them, don't know if they work or not.

Alternatively, just do a bit of speed at the weekends, the weight will come flying off. However, that really isn't a good idea at all..

Just save your body the strain and go on a diet.
    Originally posted by z0ma

go on a diet.
    it has been proved that in something like 99% of cases dieting simply does not work. if they did the dieting industry which is massive ...would have died years ago.
    what is needed is a total life style change toward food. white flour sugar and chocolate should be cut out completely. this stops cravings for food your eating when your not realy hungry.
    they act like drugs and you become a comfort eater. a junkie.
    if i go in a petrol station i buy petrol ...i don't come out armed with chocolate and crisps and fizzy drinks. i rarely eat outside of the house. i have one main meal a day and a small breakfast.
    i'm lucky i suppose ...i have never had a wieght problem ...i eat like this cos i always have done.
    weight loss tablets can have serious mental and emotional side effects.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    it has been proved that in something like 99% of cases dieting simply does not work. if they did the dieting industry which is massive ...would have died years ago.
    what is needed is a total life style change toward food. white flour sugar and chocolate should be cut out completely. this stops cravings for food your eating when your not realy hungry.
    they act like drugs and you become a comfort eater. a junkie.
    if i go in a petrol station i buy petrol ...i don't come out armed with chocolate and crisps and fizzy drinks. i rarely eat outside of the house. i have one main meal a day and a small breakfast.
    i'm lucky i suppose ...i have never had a wieght problem ...i eat like this cos i always have done.
    weight loss tablets can have serious mental and emotional side effects.

That's what I meant, a well balanced diet cutting out all the crap that people like to indulge in. Sorry didn't really go into much detail.

I think most people are starting to catch onto the downsides to the fad diest like the Atkins..
    eat less, exercise more.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    eat less, exercise more.
    short ...to the point ...and correct!
    simple innit realy ...
    Talking about those over the counter things and fish, I saw the best advert ever for those once.

It came with the tag line.

"Have you ever seen a FAT fish?"

I mean who could resist after that, the rest of the article was redundant, it was a let down after such a comedy gem.

It was all bollox of course.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    [B
    It came with the tag line.

"Have you ever seen a FAT fish?"
    [/B]

:yes: :lol: :yes: that was the line!!!

oh...i want to buy some of those.

when i quit smoking (7 days to go)
    I love adverts like that, they are pure art, fantastic.

I quite like watching home shopping channels too, especially at about 3-4am, then they have the best products on.

Tony Robbins has a fantastic little advert that runs on cable, its so shite, yet worded so well that you almost want to buy the product, a pure comedy gem.
    I dont get all those shopping channels and early morning american infomercials.

They sell shite, or at least crap stuff, or weird stuff that youd never even contemplated buying before, the presenters are dull and terrible but theyre so so so addictive. Why is that?! When im flicking throgh the tv i make sure i skip the home shopping channels, just incase 4 hours later i realise ive not moved off the sofa.
    Talking of that, I went to a pilot of a comedy take off of home shoping channels.

Its called Gyles Home Shopping Channel, its very funny, keep an eye out for it.