Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

US fuel prices hit all time high...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
but is it high enough?
Comparing American petrol prices with British petrol prices shows that British prices are still about three times as much as US prices. http://www.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/europe/09/07/france.fuel.03/prices.tabel.exclude.html
Perhaps if American petrol was as expensive as ours they would give up their 5+ litre, single-figure mpg. SUVs and buy more environmentally-freindly machines.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It still works out at them paying about 15 pence a litre, compared to our 76.
    Bastards, I can't wait for their oil to run out, see how they cope then, when they see us all whizzing round in the cars that run on compressed air.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It really makes me laugh when I hear some Americans complain about petrol prices. Talk about spoilt brats.

Let it soar. Let them having to exchange their ugly gas-guzzling pointless monsters for more environmentally friendly cars. The whole world will be better off as a result.