Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cannabis Q

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I did try search but i got confused :blush: my friends getting weed for us all out tomro night, apparently its cut with coke, 1. is this possible/likely? 2. how will it change the effects?
i know i may seem dumb but id rather know the facts :)
Kirsty x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Apparently, it's a pointless exercise cutting weed/cannabis etc with anything else, since the dealer would be using up stuff (coke) when s/he could sell it on its own, so it's economically wasteful. It would be a bit silly mixing what is essentially an 'upper' with a 'downer' (very loose terms I know). Saying that, I'm not much of an authority on drugs, and Bong or Zoma might be more qualified to tell you otherwise.
    It will definitely not be cut with coke, unless your friend has a very, very stupid dealer. Like TheKing said it makes no sense economically whatsoever, seen as a gram of coke can go for £35-£50, with good cannabis at £20 for 3.5 grams.

Generally dealers say these things 'it's cut with coke/LSD/whatever' as a gimmick to help sell their product, and generally it works as people are intruiged or think they're getting more value for their money.

Also, if you do get some (good) weed it will have small white crystals all over it; don't let your mates tell you that this is coke, it's simply the THC crystals. :)
    Dealers that go round saying they got weed dipped in acid/coke deserve to get busted.... cut the crap morons, whatever happens you will sell your gear so stop keeping the myths in circulation!!!
    See that is what i thought. I was like no its not cut with coke and they all went yeh yeh it is.i dunno how much shes payin but its usual for weed so its even more unlikely. thanks for the info :)
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    Apparently, it's a pointless exercise cutting weed/cannabis etc with anything else, since the dealer would be using up stuff (coke) when s/he could sell it on its own, so it's economically wasteful. It would be a bit silly mixing what is essentially an 'upper' with a 'downer' (very loose terms I know). Saying that, I'm not much of an authority on drugs, and Bong or Zoma might be more qualified to tell you otherwise.
    people sometimes add a little coke to their own but never in all my years have i seen weed cut with extras by a dealer for the reasons stated by others.
    KoG ...weed isn't a downer. what intrigues researchers about cannabis is something they have failed to duplicate in the lab ...they admit they simply don't understand it ...one minute it can be a relaxent the next a stimulant and then both at the same time.
    it's classed as mind expanding!
    Well, its always difficult to classify because there are loads of active chemicals in cannabis.

THC is a trip, it as far as I know has little depressive or stimulant effects.

CBD on the other hand is a narcotic, producing sedation.

And NO, it will defiantely not have any coke anywhere near it, thats a lie.
    See, I wasn't sure about that. I know it's not a downer like temazipan or valium etc, but to me cannabis always conjures up images of being all monged out, relaxed and chilled, which is why I though it was a downer. How is it prototypically classified anyway, even if it is difficult to do?
    Cannabis is classed as a hallucinogen.
    A hallucinogen?!?! I thought that Magic mushrooms, truffles, LSD were classed as hallucinogens? I'm guessing cannabis isn't quite in the same league?
    Yep, thats what it is classed as, mainly because it doesnt really fall into any group very well and most fits that.

It can cause full on visual distortions and perception changes, its just most people dont use it in that way.

Try reading up on the Club de Hashishiens sometime, they were a small group from Paris AGES ago when hash first arrived in Europe. They would sit round and eat large chunks then describe their trips, including changing of the senses, seeing sounds etc.
    Cool. I had some idea that it distorted colours etc, but I didn'[t know it was classed as a hallucinogen. Learn something new every day!
    A hallucinogen?!?! I thought that Magic mushrooms, truffles, LSD were classed as hallucinogens? I'm guessing cannabis isn't quite in the same league?
    most of the resin around nowadays isn't in that league ...being 50% diesel and goat shit.
    ...and this myth about skunk being ten times stronger than dope of the sixties ...yes ...controlled environment etc produces grass that is stronger ...usualy but not always ...than outdoor grown but ...the best grass on the planet comes nowhere near the best resins on the planet. unfortunately the best isn't getting to the west in any quantity these days.
    but there are a lot of dedicated people trying to right that wrong.
    So, is resin different to cannabis? I'm getting confused. I've heard of skund, weed, resin, cannabis etc. Are these all separate varieties derived from the cannabis plant?
    So, is resin different to cannabis? I'm getting confused. I've heard of skund, weed, resin, cannabis etc. Are these all separate varieties derived from the cannabis plant?
    it's all weed flobadob!
    hash or resin is the leaf material put through a very fine mesh ...the best has very little leaf material in the end product ...the aim is to get the thc crystals.
    Oh, ok. So why all the different names? Is it just to make the art of cannabis smoking all secret and mysterious? :p
    its all a wind up!!!
    : )

the lads are right. Dont listen to those muppets about fucking coke in weed!!... jeez how many people say that!!
    It simply CANNOT be true. laugh at em kingofglasgow, you know what you're talking about, they dont.

Skunk, weed, dope, hash, blow, solid, resin etc etc...
    all you need to know is theres basically 2 main types of cannabis we get here.. Weed or Resin.

Weed is gonna be skunk, buds whatever you wanna call it
    resin is the solid, brownish stuff you buy in lumps - solid, gak, resin. whatever!

we need to educate people on the best way to avoid the crap we get sold over here people. the only way forward is to grow your own..!!

you know you wanna do it.
    check out overgrow.com
    Well there are four main forms of cannabis to my mind;

1 - Cannabis, herbal variety, normally grown outdoors, has seeds in it, not 'sensi'

2 - 'Skunk' or 'Sensi' this is grown without the male, the pods therefore fill with resin, not seeds.

3 - Hash, made by drying herbal cannabis and then crushing over a mesh, then sqwishing product together.

4 - Oil, normally made by using relatively nasty solvents, best avoided.
    See, that classification makes more sense. Really should try some I suppose. Found some speed in work a few weeks ago, thought about keeping it, but good conscience came in and made me hand it in. And it was speed... Bad drug...