Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Just wondering.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm just curious and I know it shouldn't be here but I dunno where else to put it so your see it...

How come the major posters or some of the major posters in here Very rarely venture into anything goes and some of the other forums? I'm just wondering really

Please don't flame me. I heard you politics lot are good at flaming

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well...for me Sex and Drugs are so old and I don't really need to know about missed pills, late periods, doggie style, willie shapes, speed and dope.

I used to go to politics a lot but haven't spent much time there lately - not since Balddog stopped posting so much but perhaps Its time I gave it another go?

Lately (And I know this is always said) the whole of Thesite has been a bit flat!
    Originally posted by byny
    Well...for me Sex and Drugs are so old and I don't really need to know about missed pills, late periods, doggie style, willie shapes, speed and dope.

I used to go to politics a lot but haven't spent much time there lately - not since Balddog stopped posting so much but perhaps Its time I gave it another go?

Lately (And I know this is always said) the whole of Thesite has been a bit flat!

It just seems to be several lil groups of siters

one for - politics, sports and a few other forums
    one for - anything goes, sex, drugs and relationships
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I generally only post in politics and drugs because that is all I have time to look at. Moderating at work is hard work!
    Because that "why are you in?", "what shall I call my pet?", "what color socks are you wearing?" are only relevant when being extremely bored.
    Politics and sports is my thing.

I do engage in the activities/substances the other forums are devoted to, but not as often as I used to. It's called getting old.

But being older also means wiser and more experienced, and having seen it/done it/bought the t-shirt there is little left to say. ;)
    does that mean that the major posters in the other forums rarely post in here.

i do occassionally, if i see a subject that really gets my goat
    I tend not to post in sex, relationships etc mainly because every now and again I look in there and some people seem very stupid. With posts like "It won't fit" and "Help! Im in love with 6 people" I wonder how the human race managed to survive before the invent of the internet.
    Originally posted by godscop
    I tend not to post in sex, relationships etc mainly because every now and again I look in there and some people seem very stupid. With posts like "It won't fit" and "Help! Im in love with 6 people" I wonder how the human race managed to survive before the invent of the internet.

find those ones quite entertaining, but sometimes it is nice to offer advice to someone who has obviously come to site to get some impartial advice from anonymous people because the people around them are biased.

i'm a strong believer in impartiality when it comes to these things - obviously that might not work in the politics forum
    I do like to trawl around but it depends what your into. Some are mainly advice pages and don't really interest me.

godscop :lol:
    I mostly post in Politics and Anything Goes, with the occasional foray into Entertainment. I don't bother with Sex, Sport or Drugs, because I don't do any of the activities related to those boards.
    Originally posted by the entire sex forum
    OMG!!!111 I iz wundrin ow u cn boff a grl up da ass!!!111 Ow wud it fel!!!111 I wuz boffn ma ho an a wntid 2 slp it up da brwn ol wud se lt me!!!111

kthnxbi!!!111

is whymost of us seldom venture in there. Unless we're procrastinating, obviously.
    I recognised a few items as actual words in that phrase (if that's what it is supposed to be), but darned if i can comrpehend most of that gobbledeegook.

Care to translate?
    Anyone who uses that sort of 'language' should be shot on sight.

Unless the government has some use for them as code breakers or something.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    is whymost of us seldom venture in there. Unless we're procrastinating, obviously.

that's not strictly true...............
    Originally posted by Kermit
    OMG!!!111 I iz wundrin ow u cn boff a grl up da ass!!!111 Ow wud it fel!!!111 I wuz boffn ma ho an a wntid 2 slp it up da brwn ol wud se lt me!!!111

kthnxbi!!!111

:eek2:
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Anyone who uses that sort of 'language' should be shot on sight.

What happened to caring liberal Aladdin? :lol:

You are right, though. High velocity lead injections really are the only way to cure some people.
    The only forums that appeal to me are politics, health and anything goes... but sometimes I'll venture in to drugs & sex forums. However, the relationship forum kinda depresses me.