Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i want to....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i really want to be having my boyfriends baby - we want that more than anything BUT im really scared that i wont be able to have kids - we have been trying for a few months and i havent been on the pill since the summer and we make love more when im furtile but im so scared that my dream of having a family will be ruined if i cant have kids. i know im young but im ready to settle down with my boyfriend.

what shull i do? im to scared yto go to the doctors incase they confirm my fears :(

Comments

• Options
    Don't be scared of going to the doctors, it's better to know than to be ignorant.

It may be a problem with him and there are things guys can do to raise their sperm count.

I know after you come off the pill, it can take time to become properly fertile again.
  • Options
    It can take a while after you come off the pill before you're properly fertile again. My periods didn't come back for a whole year. If you're that scared though go and get it checked out.
  • Options
    thanks

does anyone know any posstions that might help?
  • Options
    I don't think positions make any difference but I did hear thatthere's a big chalk horse on a hill somewhere in England. Couples traditionally make love on the horses ding dong in the hope of concieving a child.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *~HaYzIeBaYbE~*
    does anyone know any posstions that might help?

yeh stand on your head and the sperm will get there faster :yes:

joke - i really don't think any positions are better than others in getting you pregnant!
  • Options
    seriously ...

ive read that if you lay wiv ur bum on a pillow afterwards it will go to the eggs quicker...
  • Options
    Why is this post in 2 different forums!
  • Options
    seriously ...

ive read that if you lay wiv ur bum on a pillow afterwards it will go to the eggs quicker...
    yes, lay back with your bum on a pillow and your legs bent after sex, its stops the sperm all running out of you so theoretically increases your chances of getting pg. Thats what I did when I was trying for a baby.
    Dont worry too much just yet, most people dont fall pregnant immediatly, it can take months or years of trying, and I know it must be heartbreaking when you come on, but be patient and try not to stress about it, because that really doesnt help. The doctor wont even consider testing you until youve been trying for over a year, it might even be longer than that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    yes, lay back with your bum on a pillow and your legs bent after sex, its stops the sperm all running out of you so theoretically increases your chances of getting pg. Thats what I did when I was trying for a baby.
    Dont worry too much just yet, most people dont fall pregnant immediatly, it can take months or years of trying, and I know it must be heartbreaking when you come on, but be patient and try not to stress about it, because that really doesnt help. The doctor wont even consider testing you until youve been trying for over a year, it might even be longer than that.

thx 4 ur advice :)
  • Options
    The fpa has some useful info about planning a pregnancy here. The others are right - it often takes a year or so of trying to get pregnant. The fpa says this:
    "Once you stop using contraception it may take a while to get pregnant. After six months of trying, six out of ten couples will have conceived a baby. For the other four couples it will take longer and this is quite normal, so you should not worry if you do not get pregnant straight away."
    Try to remain calm and let it happens when it happens - stressing about it most certainly won't increase your chances.
    Good luck
    :)
  • Options
    i was just reading another one of your posts where you said you were in a long distance relationship.

i don't know if this is just a temporary thing, but if it's not, that's also something to think carefully about. it can be very, very hard to look after a baby on your own.

my brother has a job where he can be out of the country for months at a time, and his girlfriend has found it pretty tough looking after their son on her own. luckily her best friend lives round the corner, and her mum and my mum both live within 30 minutes drive, so she always has someone to leave him with if she needs to. but don't underestimate the kind of support you might need.
  • Options
    its temperary - only till september at the lastest

spanner:
    thanks for the advice :)
  • Options
    its temperary - only till september at the lastest

ok, that's good.

ignore me then :)
  • Options
    i wudnt want to have a baby and not be living with my boyfriend its wouldnt be fair on the baby or me or him
  • Options
    Don't stress and it will happen.

Another way of stopping the sperm leaking out would be to get your boy to lay inside you for a bit after he's come- it's what animals like cats and dogs do to increase the chances of getting pregnant:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Another way of stopping the sperm leaking out would be to get your boy to lay inside you for a bit after he's come- it's what animals like cats and dogs do to increase the chances of getting pregnant:)

Awww me and my boyfriend do that anyway, it's really nice and cosy :D

Too much information...
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

Too much information...

:yes: :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

thank you - we do that sometimes its a nice feeling and cudderling up in each others arms afterwards :) Awwwww making me miss him now :(

thank you everyone who has replied im very greatful :) ive had a few 'symtoms' but not sure will wait till next week to know