Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Pgl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone/anyone:nervous: , I'm thinking of working for pgl (the adventure holiday people) http://www.pgl.co.uk/online/workingwithpgl I was just wondering if anyone else has before and if so do they recommend it. Also if you did where did you work and what was your job.

Comments

• Options
    I worked for them in 2001. I worked at Tan Troed and Cwrt-y-prior in Wales. I was a catering assistant/domestic assitant/chef/group leader. (I was changed jobs whilst I was there).

I would recommend it, because it's a good lifestyle, money is not great but you have no rent or bills to pay so all the money goes in your pocket. Don't be a catering assistant though, the hours are really long and it's boring. Be a group leader or an activity instructor.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply pussykatty,

I was thinking of being a group leader as that looks the most fun but I’ve never worked with kids before, so I was thinking I’d probably apply for the catering assistant. What did you have to do as a group leader/catering assistant.

And again thanks for the help
  • Options
    Being a catering assistant was crap. Just prepared meals, served food, washed up and cleaned the kitchen. I suppose it depends on the other people in your team but the chef at Tan Troed was a nasty tempered Scottish man who threw both tantrums and pans.

Don't worry about experience, so long as you have something, exagerrate it. Being a group leader is fun, you don't even have to do that much (compared with the same job in the USA), just eat meals with your group of kids and do entertainment in the evenings.

The only reason I got to do a variety of jobs is because I worked at a small center with only 4 staff members so we all had to do every job.

What center were you thinking of working at?
  • Options
    The only bit of experience I have is babysitting for my niece but I don think that counts. I’m not sure which center yet, but I like the idea of a smaller one.