Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do your parents know?

I was thinking to my self, while haveing a sneaky spliff out the window as my parents were fast asleep. "damn if they found out i was doing this they would go balistic!" When they found out my foster sister did it there was this big whole thing about it and i was given the "say no to drugs" speach like 3 times aday. I had to be sooo carefull about doing it.
I was just wondering what your parents would do if they found out you used. Or if they knew just how much you know about drugs.

Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yes my mum know's everything about it and if i need advice i go to her. she's just an older version (not much, like 16 yrs) of me really. scary thought!
    My mum knows I've done quite a few different drugs (a la ecstasy, speed, LSD, mushrooms, etc.) and while she isn't dead set against it she doesn't like the idea of me taking them. Though she doesn't have a problem with cannabis..
    Originally posted by z0ma
    My mum knows I've done quite a few different drugs (a la ecstasy, speed, LSD, mushrooms, etc.) and while she isn't dead set against it she doesn't like the idea of me taking them. Though she doesn't have a problem with cannabis..
    Ditto. My parents know that i have taken pills, speed etc.. and they know i smoke cannabis a lot. There were a few arguments about it as my brother managed to get into smack and they were worried i was going the same way.
    They aren't bothered about the cannabis now, it is obvious i'm a smoker with lots and lots of cannabis paraphenalia (sp?) and ganja ornaments etc. etc. in my bedroom.
    My dad has a form of arthritis but would never ever smoke anything, but not long ago I brought him some skunk cookies home and he gladly munched on them.
    I presume you know that your parents as the house holders could be arrested for allowing you to use in the house. Scary thought.

No, my parents dont know, but then up untill relatively recently we didnt really talk, so its not totaly surprising.
    Yeh myh parents know now I smoke weed. Kinda knew for ages before due to little hints n fuckups on my part. Msn convo logs, face party, mates acting dumb, even found a pipe altho I didnt no it was :rolleyes:

My mum wasnt happy and wants me to stop but shes still cool altho misinformed about drugs as a whole, especially cannabis. Thinks it can kill u after smoking it for a lil while :confused: affects memory (altho tru to an extent) etc etc.
    My mum knows I have done skunk coz we chatted about it. But I doubt she knows that i have done pills/speed/cocaine, her bf knows. She probably has an idea. She always tells me to be careful at all nighters and things. So, I dunno. :/
    I think my parents basically know... i have no intention of bringing up drugs unless theres some kind of debate being discussed about the laws surronding them.

I think its all bollocks myself I drink alcohol but im not gonna sit people down and say i do it same with drugs, what i do is my own choice so if i dont meet peoples approval fuck em business as usual! lol
    No they don't fully know but i think they have an idea that i smoke hash.

I don't think they know i've taken other drugs though.
    Yeh my mum knows about the weed i smoke, I've admitted it and i've been untidy after skinning up leavin a mess for her to find, but she never says much about it, just the odd comment about finding skins, lighters etc...
    She doesn't know about pills, coke i tried awhile ago... thankfully
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I presume you know that your parents as the house holders could be arrested for allowing you to use in the house. Scary thought.

No, my parents dont know, but then up untill relatively recently we didnt really talk, so its not totaly surprising.

But since cannabis is being downgraded, can they still arrest you for possession???
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    But since cannabis is being downgraded, can they still arrest you for possession???

Yes of course, it's still a class C drug, it is still illegal....

It depends on the amount you are carrying i beleive....
    The more on you the harsher the punishment...
    The problem with the down grading is as follows.

It was suggested and passed by the Home Office under the recomendation of the ACOP, the Acociation of Chief Police Officers, who are in the main relatively liberal.

BUT, it obviously has to be implemented by the 'beat' officers, and the Police Federation, which represents them doesnt like the change. As can be seen on their website.

SO, the question is, are the 'beat' officers going to go along with the ACOP or are they going to follow their unions advice.

They will still have the legal right to arrest anyone caught with cannabis if they feel there is a need to do so, which obviously is open to any number of interpretations.

Also, as far as I know the law on the smoking of cannabis on property is not to change and therefore my comment about your parents letting you smoke still stands.

Understand?
    I kind of stopped taking drugs a few years ago but when I did I really dont' think my mother ever suspected at all even though I used to go out all night and then come home obviously on a come down. Though once she accidentally ate one of the hash cookies I had just baked - thankfully she just thought she was coming down with a cold and went to bed.

My Dad on the other hand could see right through it but never really said anything at all about it - we suspect that he might have been a bit of a toker in his time though, once my friends even skinned up at the dinner table with him which was quite cool.

xx
    What bongbudda says about your folks is right. There was going to be a change in the law around the condoning of use on property, to make it illegal for all drugs. However, it has not happened so your ma and pa are only liable if they let you smoke cannabis or opium.
    If they know you are taking pills or speed - they can't get done!
    Oh the british legal system - how I love thee!
    both my parents know i've done base, beans and smoked pot.

I dont really do drugs anymore, im actually looking foward to getting stoned again. ive decided till i finish the academic year at college and wait for ages to see if i can find some decent resin (pollen slate etc.). I would just buy skunk but... i dont like strong cannabis, i like to feel stoned but in control ive never enjoyed being fucked up! (except on E that was fucking brilliant)

yeah but im rambling....the one thing i never told my parents about was about 6 months ago (id stopped doing other drugs way before then) i finished off a pack of pethidine tablets i had.

They were loooovely, but so sly and i swear if i could have bought more i would have! (dangerous game that one)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    They know I do all sorts of drugs. I've been pilled up around my parents before. My old man smokes puff once in a while and I've had a few smokes with him.

My mum really dislikes me smoking because she's got lung cancer but other than that they really don't say much about what I do as long as I'm not to blatent about it.
    Weekender Offender 
    i like to believe that my paretns don't know. the topic has never been raised. but last year i came home every night without fail high as a rock and my dad was always awake. so there is no way possible that he doesn't know. my mom is something different on the other hand. she works and thats all and shes too oblivious to look outside her "perfect 50s style family" to realize that her child does drugs.
    My mum hates me doing it, like I'll come home totally paraletic n she'll be like 'I can't believe you did this you've ruined my family!!' while she's standing there with a spliff.

My mum does weed but she won't let me. She won't let me drink or anything. Yet my dad buys me vodka and asks my boyfriend if he needs condoms.....

Scary much??

Nomi
    XxxXxxX
    Well what age are you, if you are young enough and living under their roof you have to obey their rules, just don't get caught.
    Wise words Shogun, if your under their roof and they are paying your full room and board as it were then you sort of have to obey the rules. Or at least not take the piss.
    yeah, true.

Flip it around, how majorly embarrased would you be if your mum turned up, biffed out of her mind and giggling so much that she couldnt hold a proper conversation with anyone.

and this was obvious to everyone around.

What bong and Shogun have stated is very true but try to understand why they've said this.

your mum is standing there with a spliff BUT she's in her own house, not fucked up, just relaxing.

U turned up fucked. She was probably worried about u being out in that state, parents do that mate its the way they're built.

Its the same difference if she's standing there with a Vodka and tonic and u turn up swigging from a bottle!

:D

(yeah or just dont get caught):p
    Weell...my mum helped me make a lung once, and has sorted me out with munch when I've turned up stoned off my rocker. My dad shares the occasional spliff with me, but I have a reckoning that my ma's oblivious to this as it's never been brought up.
    Despite all that, it's still a topic of conversation that she likes to avoid, and gets pretty tense/awkward when it's mentioned :confused:. As long as she knows I'm in a safe place, and not completely out of my face then she's happy from what I've gathered... Im not totally sure if she knows I've experimented with harder drugs though, but I know she'd be there for me if I buggered up-the same goes for my dad.
    Anyhoo, these days I generally just stick to the ganj =).

Vorn x