Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Holy Grail of Make UP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ladies, after many years of disasterous sampling I have found the perfect foundation. I will admit i'm not blessed with the best skin in the world - open pores, quite uneven tone and I just wanted to share.

Instant Matte Foundation by Estee Lauder - its amazing, doesn't clog your pores and looks natural.

unfortunately it costs £20 for quite a small tube but it lasts for ages - you can ask for a free 5 day sample

and also booing by benefit for dark circlesk

sometimes it is better to pay a bit more

I wish someone had told me this and it would have saved me a lot of money in the long run

anyone else got any "miracle cures"

Comments

• Options
    MAC studio finish range - it's amazing! foundation costs about £12, concealer £9 and eyeshadow about £11, but it's all worth it.
    It lasts ages, and if you take back your empty plastic bits u get a free lipstick.

soph xxx
  • Options
    I have channel foundation. It set me back £20 but its soooo worth it. Ive never looked so good with it i wish my skin was like that all the time!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by The First Lady
    MAC studio finish range - it's amazing! foundation costs about £12, concealer £9 and eyeshadow about £11, but it's all worth it.
    It lasts ages, and if you take back your empty plastic bits u get a free lipstick.

soph xxx

Six. Cool that it's for all. Thought it was lipstic containers only. And I don't use that.
  • Options
    Max Factor Colour Adapt!! £12 but makes your skin all the same colour and all movie star like :D
  • Options
    maybelline great lash mascara in blackest black - best one ive found so far and ive tried loads.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    maybelline great lash mascara in blackest black - best one ive found so far and ive tried loads.

Urgh, I don't like Maybelline.

Dior are the best for mascaras. Expensive, but give the best effect without cluttering.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Urgh, I don't like Maybelline.

Dior are the best for mascaras. Expensive, but give the best effect without cluttering.
    You dont like anything I recommend though!
    I dont buy any makeup that requires me to remortgage my house first before i can buy it.
    I dont think great lash mascara makes my eyelashes cluttered, Ive tried other ones that made them go clumpy and im sure if the great lash one clumped eyelashes together I wouldnt have recommended it.
  • Options
    I like Maybelline's make-up. I use their mascara and it's just as good as the more expensive makes that I've tried.
  • Options
    heh i rely on my no7 foundation and maybelline watershine diamonds lip gloss id be lost without them :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I like Maybelline's make-up. I use their mascara and it's just as good as the more expensive makes that I've tried.

hmm. i use the l'oreal one where you put the white layer on frist. do maybelline do one like that? and how much is it?
    l'oreal is probably similar price actually.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    hmm. i use the l'oreal one where you put the white layer on frist. do maybelline do one like that? and how much is it?
    l'oreal is probably similar price actually.
    Boujoir do one like that.

My mum just gave me a No 7 Lash extending mascara that wasnt any good for her. Perfect timing - my clinique one just ran out. Its really good actually...:D
  • Options

:yes:

i love this. only i use the waterproof version, cause i rub my eyes lots, and the non-waterproof one tends to smudge.

i'm not really into expensive make-up, cause the cheaper (well, mid-range) stuff looks just as good, i think. for something like foundation i would buy something a little pricier (but we're still only talking bourjois or l'oreal), but most of my make up is rimmel, superdrug own brand, or boots natural collection.

the things i'm currently loving:

sainsburys active naturals intensive eye cream - i get really dark circles under my eyes, and when i put this on overnight, they look much brighter in the morning.

kiss australia concealer - does the job fantastically. it's quite light to, so it won't do that mingy cakey effect.

boots botanics eye pencil - really unusual khaki colour with bits of bronze in that shouldn't look good, but really brings out blue eyes. also it's a nice consistency.
  • Options
    rimmel hide the blemish concealers is one of the best too IMO. Its won loads of consumer awards, and ive tried other ones, but I always go back to this one - i get it in ivory.
    (Im sure theres probably a better one somewhere though if you want to spend £50 on spot coverup though - i dont)
  • Options
    I don't spend much on make-up at all. Though something I've found to be really good quality is Miss Sporty's black pencil eyeliner. I can't remember how much it costs. No more than £3.00 at the most. It lasts for ages and looks so good.
  • Options
    Ruby and Millie cream stick blusher!! its fab but costs £15
  • Options
    Liz Collinge natural foundation. :D

Can't remember the colour.
  • Options
  • Options
    Olay Regenerist - Daily Regenerating Serum

Mac Foundation - Has SPF factor 15 in... £17.50 but well worth the money.

WSeven Eyeliner - Don't know price, but it's not cheap - Very very good though, good for smudging...

Mac Fibre Rich Lash Mascara - The brush looks like it's been chewed by a dog, but that creates a dramatic eye opening effect - I'd def recommend it..

Ilora x
  • Options
    I swear by benefit and space NK make up. i know its expensive but my skns really sensitive and i dont wear make up much so i dont mind.:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Boujoir do one like that.
    yeh i used to use it but the l'oreal one is better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Olay Regenerist - Daily Regenerating Serum

Ilora x
    Oooh i like this too but cant afford it so i save myself a fortune by just putting some on in superdrug from their tester pot every time i go up town - tee hee, im such a tightarse.:D
  • Options
    I dont buy any makeup that requires me to remortgage my house first before i can buy it.

Too right. Most of my make up is Rimmel or even, dare I say it, Collection 2000! Although their lipsticks are shit. Thankfully I have good skin and more years of practise at applying the stuff than I care to think about. :eek:
  • Options
    Well from experience the more you spend on make-up the better it is and the longer it lasts, oh and max factor foundation is shit and don't even waste your money on maybelline (however you spell it?!?)

:yes:
  • Options
    My oldest lipstick is by Collection 2000. It came free with Shout magazine when I was... 10 I think... ie 8 years ago. It's lost it's lid, and been chewed by my dog, but it has a lovely smell and colour. Bit bright for my current taste though. The best mascaras I've had have been by Cover Girl and Maybelline. The best eyeshadow... probably either 17, Bourjois or a German make called Manhattan. Eyeliner... I just use a cheapo one from the stall, works fine for me!