Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What should i do with my druged up b/f

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im starting to regret ever meeting this boy! Couple months ago he started smoking dope,ok that was fine with me but now hes started takin speed, pills, lsd and i dont no what to to do hes always in a bad mood coz of his comedowns. I don wanna say the wrong things just incase we finish over it! What can i do some one please help!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well to be honest there isn't much you can do if your boyfriend wants to takes drugs but maybe since you don't like it ask him not to take other drugs than cannabis around you and see how it goes from there.
    Re: What should i do with my druged up b/f
    Originally posted by Madchick50
    Im starting to regret ever meeting this boy! Couple months ago he started smoking dope,ok that was fine with me but now hes started takin speed, pills, lsd and i dont no what to to do hes always in a bad mood coz of his comedowns. I don wanna say the wrong things just incase we finish over it! What can i do some one please help!:rolleyes:
    it's extremely difficult for a non drug user to enjoy life with a user. if you stay with him you'll end up using.
    it might be time to move on ...before the regrets get any bigger ...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    If you can't beat 'em - join 'em! :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Like Shogun said, there's not much you can do really. Either talk to him and put your view forward, see if he'll stop using or at least stop using around you. If that fails and it puts you off that much, what else can you do but leave him?

And Mr. Roll, I know what you mean it really is difficult to make a relationship work with a user and a non-user because the two views will no doubt be so completely different. However, if you care enough about someone and want to make it last you'll have to come to an ultimatum, or at least keep up both but be sneaky about it. :p

I met my ex's parents for the first time the day after taking two tabs of acid the night before. :crazyeyes
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Like Shogun said, there's not much you can do really. Either talk to him and put your view forward, see if he'll stop using or at least stop using around you. If that fails and it puts you off that much, what else can you do but leave him?

And Mr. Roll, I know what you mean it really is difficult to make a relationship work with a user and a non-user because the two views will no doubt be so completely different. However, if you care enough about someone and want to make it last you'll have to come to an ultimatum, or at least keep up both but be sneaky about it. :p

I met my ex's parents for the first time the day after taking two tabs of acid the night before. :crazyeyes

Yeh but i have a smoke with him n his mates too. I don care about the cannabis its the rest
    as a non-drug user (apart from alcohol of course) i understand your concerns and not liking your boyfriend taking them.

i used to see this guy who did all that and his world was completley different to mine. it kinda took over his life and he went all depressed because of his bad comedowns from getting fucked every weekend.

unfortunatley you can't change what your boyfriend does. you need to talk to him and tell him how you feel and if he won't either cut down or stop then it's best for you to move on.

it might just be a phase for him like it was for the guy i was with. he stopped everything last november and is great now so we might be getting it back on soon :)
    its a really horrible situation.

My mates have been together since forever, and they both smoke. He started taking pills and bass. y'know first now and again then 3-4 times a week, like 10 in one session + coke and bass. She wanted him, pleaded with him to stop so many times (she had siad to me on so many occasions that he reminded her of what i myself used to be like when i was 16-17 and it was scarey for her).

She stayed with him thru all of that and i thought they'd have broken up way before now. Buts he's sorted himself out and they are still really happy together.

I havent got a clue how this is going to help but i guess im implying that it COULD be just a phase, and that he will stop experimenting eventually.

Its up 2 u and you have to do what you feel is right (and i would really be aware of what Mr.rolly said earlier because equally that can happen too).

I seriously hope you two can sort this out though

Take care;)
    well my boyfriend does drugs and i cant tell him to stop cos he knows i would do them if i had the chance...but with me its cos im worried about him. part of me would prefer he didnt do them but i went out with him knowing this...ive spoken to him about it and hes told me not to give him an ultamatum cos he really does want to be with me and also like his drugs...so i didnt based on the fact that he only does them when hes in england and he calls me every night before he goes to bed so i know hes ok...with me its cos im worried but i found talking to him worked good luck hun
    The chances are that your not going to be able to get him to stop unless he wants to.

So, your options are as I see them;

A) Decide that the relationship isnt going anywhere and leave.

B) Talk to him about your concerns and ask him how he feels about it, then leave/stay depending on result.

C) Ask him to cut down and if he doesnt, leave.

Or D) Stay with him.