Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

it scares me..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...how drunk i get.

i was like this in first year at uni and i thought i knew my limits now but i seem to have frogotten them again. every single time i go out i get absolutley hammered and i dont know what i'm doing.

i just woke up in my clothes, my laptop was in pieces (iremember it fell off the bed) and theres sick on my pretty pink rug :crying:

i'm just thinking thank god i deleted certain peoples numbers out of my mobile because it is so embarrasing when you look at your 'write message' screen or call register the next day.

if i didnt have so many friends looking out for each other then god knows, i could have been waking up in some mingers bed today. or worse :/

i'm still a bit drunk and i'm really fucking angry with myself!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you did the laptop in pieces thing too? ...join the club :(

I used to be the same i'd go out for A drink and 8 or so hours later i'd crawl home well thats how i think i would of got home and would wake up not even in my bed the next day was usally in the bath or something

I'm not half as bad nowadays when you go out try and limit yourself to a certain amount of drink or only take say a tenner out with you and refuse to be bought drinks or something.

I seem to have a wee voice in the back of my hed these days when ive had too much it lets me know which is quite handy
    Originally posted by rossco
    only take say a tenner out with you and refuse to be bought drinks or something.

we used to have to do that with my friend, cause for some reason she just stopped being able to know when to stop.

i carried all her bank cards, and £20 in cash, and gave her money when she asked for it, but once the £20 was gone, i wouldn't give her her cards to go to the minibank, and she'd just have to stop drinking.

but this might not work so well if you don't have a teetotal friend. and on the nights i wasn't out with her, no one else looked out for her (they said i was being boring by not letting her get absolutely shitfaced), and she ended up in some really dangerous situations.
    I have the answer- poverty, it works really well, unless you're out with a date who has loads of money and is generous, in which case you have a problem.
    I don't know much about this- until last monday I'd been teetotal for months (it doesn't make me sad, it only makes me sensible and staid. And maybe boring.)
    everything is fine now!!! i just spoke to this guy who was out and he said that i really wasn't that bad. i fell over a couple of times though. haha.

btw, i only took a tenner out and it was £4 to get in the club. i had bought 2 doubles and drank before i left the house though.

right, now for hangover food!!!
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    no one else looked out for her (they said i was being boring by not letting her get absolutely shitfaced), and she ended up in some really dangerous situations.

My mates all thought that too, in first year I used to lose all control of myself when I started drinking.

One night they left me lying shitfaced outside a club on a freezing cold night, "just to see how I got home" :(

And as for drunken phone calls - I could write the book on it :blush:
    i was drunk last night and super hyper :hyper::hyper::D

i didn't do anything too stupid... the student night club sells lollypops! kelly brought me a lollypop :love:
    i think the scariest thing was... when i opened my laptop there was lecture notes for a module i don't even do!
    my worst was waking up on my cousins living room floor naked with the curtains wrapped around me, this is strange because my cousin remember me going to bed, im thinkin i went down for a drink, its scary to think of the stupid things you can do when drunk
    Originally posted by badboy4life
    my worst was waking up on my cousins living room floor naked with the curtains wrapped around me,

:lol:

oooh dear, i wonder what you were doing! :chin:
    Had a very bad experience, on New Years, of this year and since then, I have majorly decreased my alcohol intake because I really, truly don't want the same thing to happen again and, plus, just don't think it's really worth it all, in the end, to be drinking so much all the time, but that's just all IMHO.
    Getting pretty drunk once in a while is pretty common here in Blighty, can be fun, and doesn't require a lecture from me ... however I am just going to give a few words of advice for when this gets more serious, happens all or most of the times you go out etc. most of which you'll know, I'm sure:

When you get yourself into such a state that you can't remember most/all of the night and how you got home you are jeoperdising your general safety. I'm not saying that everyone in this world is out to do 'evil', just that a few are and if you don't have your wits about you you could end up in a dangerous situation.

safety for women,spiked drinks, sexual assault (rape).

Alcohol also loosens those inhibitions which means you could go further with someone than you intend sexually, or take risks that leave you chastising yourself for being so damn stupid the next day.

STIs and pregnancy

If you find that you are getting really drunk nearly every time you go out, then your drinking is becoming a problem. To help you work out if you are developing a drin problem read
    our article

Binge drinking

Binge drinking - do they mean us?

Why pick on us?

The Guardian drugs and alcohol special report

Susie :)
    Re: it scares me..
    Originally posted by lipsy

my laptop was in pieces (iremember it fell off the bed) :crying

On the laptop breaking subject, I ran over mine in my car on the worst comedown I ever had.:banghead:
    Wise words Susie. Take heed people.

I really cant drink so much that I get in any problems, if I have too much I'm sick really quickly, so the worst thing that happens to me is I feel ill, turn white and then have to lay down for a while.

I'm a depressive drunk anyway, so its slightly different.
    exactly why i dont drink much anymore.

I cant stand the loss of control, its a terrible drug when used in vast quantities. (and i use the word 'used' because it is my oppinion that if you go out to enjoy a pint or two or some wine or whatever your poison, u r drinking. As soon as you start drinking to get drunk you are using alcohol)