Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Plastic surgery abroad/home?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure wher to put this but as I;m asking about health implications I guess here.

Anyways I decided a long time ago that when I finished uni I wanted to get a boob job. I'm quite small on top and only wanna go up one or maybe two cup sizes. Its the only part of me I hate that I can't change. Its not for a guy and I don't want this thread to be about not having it done. Mind is made up!

Anyway, I have the choice to either go to europe or stay here and have it done. he cost is a hell of alot but I'm thinking if I stay in Britain then at least I will have less health risks maybe?

So are you allowed to be on the pill when you have the op? Are you allowed to do exercise-cus I don't wanna give my gym up? How would I go about getting the process started-I don't want to ring an ad outta the back of a magazine. Should I go to my own GP and ask them or ask nhs direct?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the hospitals in most of europe are as good, if not way, way better than british hospitals. it might be an option to look at if you're seriously considering this, cause going private in the UK would probably cost you more.

there's not much point speaking to NHS direct, cause you ain't gonna get a boob job on the NHS unless it's directly affecting your health. You could maybe google some private healthcare sites - i'm not sure if BUPA do cosmetic surgery, but i'm sure they'd be able to put you in contact with a reputable surgeon.
    When I wanted a referral for a breast reduction, I went to my GP, so it's probably the best place to start. Have you been to breast health online ? They've got pretty good sections of info about the surgery itself, and recovery times, that sort of thing.
    South African plastic surgeons are considered the best in the world these days and South Africa is now the international premier destination for those seeking plastic surgery. The exchange rate makes it loads cheaper plus they include your stay into a holiday as well with visits to gameparks etc.
    Hiya
    Take a read of our feature on plastic surgery and try getting in touch with the following organisations for more details:
    British Association of asthetic plastic surgeons tel: tel: 020 7405 2234
    British Association of Cosmetic Surgeons, 17 Harley Street, London W1N 1DA (send SAE for info).

Having this kind of operation is a major decision, so doing it in a foreign country could lead to complications - consider that you can't 'check the place out' before you rock up for the surgery and you may not be able to communicate very well if you don't speak each other's languages. If at all possible, get personal recommendations.

Good luck
    :)
    Thanks guys for the info. The last point is a major concern-language barrier as I can only speak basic german besides english. Thanks again anyways!
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    Thanks guys for the info. The last point is a major concern-language barrier as I can only speak basic german besides english. Thanks again anyways!

if you go to a country like holland or belgium you'll probably find they all speak english really well. especially educated people like doctors....

but yeah, something as important as surgery you should totally make sure you've checked out everything and you're totally happy with whatever you've decided.