Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Always Hungry.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm always hungry. Even when I've just had a huge meal, I can be hungry in as little as half of an hour later. It doesn't seem right, I'm not an overweight person and I haven't got worms. Any ideas?

Feel free to let this drift to the bottom, I'm more curious than concerned.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My brother is the same, he's 19, 6ftish and weighs about 9 stone I reckon. He's always eating, no matter how long ago the last meal was. Maybe you're just a growing lad?! hehe
    i used to be like this, i'd eat and eat and eat but wouldn't put on weight. it passes, now i vary the scales but am still kinda underweight.
    so i guess it passes

try eatting stodgy foods - pastas and breads or porridge. nowt fills you up quicker than a big bowl of porridge
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    i used to be like this, i'd eat and eat and eat but wouldn't put on weight. it passes, now i vary the scales but am still kinda underweight.
    so i guess it passes

try eatting stodgy foods - pastas and breads or porridge. nowt fills you up quicker than a big bowl of porridge
    i think it might be different for girls though. i used to to be able to eat loads and i was so skinny but then when i got to about 14-15ish i put on weight.
    The more you feed your body, the more it will get used to having and the more it will need. Eating is extremely tied in to psychological behaviour, so if your mind is telling you to eat it's hard to resist. Try to eat smaller portions and apply a '20-minute rule' - this involves not having any second helpings or dessert for at least 20 minutes after you have finished your plate full. This allows your dinner to go down and your mind to stop thinking about food. It might work - my friend swears by it!
    ;)
    Originally posted by spanner
    Try to eat smaller portions and apply a '20-minute rule' - this involves not having any second helpings or dessert for at least 20 minutes after you have finished your plate full. This allows your dinner to go down and your mind to stop thinking about food. It might work - my friend swears by it!
    ;)

I agree with your friend, it works for me too.

You'll be surprised at how something small will fill you up compared to what you had got used to...
    Also worth bearing in mind that you can mistake thirst pangs for hunger pangs. Try drinking a couple of glasses of water when you think you're hungry, wait a while and see if you still get the hunger pangs.
    Re: Always Hungry.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I'm always hungry. Even when I've just had a huge meal, I can be hungry in as little as half of an hour later. It doesn't seem right, I'm not an overweight person and I haven't got worms. Any ideas?

could be something to do with your metabolic rate. if you've got a high one, then you'll eat abit more as your body uses the food up more quickly. just try the '20 minute rule' and thinks should get better :)
    Thanks for the replies.
    Im hungry all the time too. I could eat and eat all day. Even if I have a huge meal, i will feel full, but then 10 minutes later I could have more. Its ridiculous. I also think im losing weight...which doesnt make sense to me.

My boyfriend says I have a worm :chin: he is only kidding though...i hope :eek2:

hehe