Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

what do you usually wear to gigs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, basically my friends band are playing the highbury garage tomorrow and my ex is gonna be there so i wanna look hawt! haha
anyways, would should i wear, i usually wear jeans and a top, but as its a different situation this time - skirt? opinions please!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    a skirt to a gig :eek: wont it end up round your waist????
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    a skirt to a gig :eek: wont it end up round your waist????
    och, not if you get one that fits,
    jeans and a t-shirt. heh. i'm very un-glam.

maybe jeans and a vest if i was feeling sexah.
    par-haps combats? jeans? funky top, something diffrent, gothicy maybe, or maybe a corset style top? If you wanted to wear a skirt, what about tartain skirt, fishnets, 3/4 boots, and a funky top? or something?
    Usually jeans, funky t-shirt and if it's cold a zip up top.

And when i see girls in skirts at gigs, they're always wee 14 year old slags who want to get backstage and shag the band. There a no-no :no:
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    what about tartain skirt, fishnets, 3/4 boots, and a funky top? or something?

:no:
    find a pair of sexxay ass jeans and wear a funky top...
    I would go with jeans and a vest top. Practical and you won't look out of place.
    I wear whatever to a gig.. EXCEPT jeans/t-shirt.

I wore a skirt and 5 inch platforms to the last HIM gig.. and that was well received ;) lol

Wear whatever.. and comfort isn't always necessary ;) lol

Ilora x
    depends what sort of gig it is. If its a big gig/concert then you can go a bit more way out, but if its a smaller gig like a local band at a pub or small club, then id just go with jeans/trousers and a nice top.
    Jeans/cords and a vesty thing.
    What type of music is it? I wore black cords and a vest top to Goldfinger/RBF on saturday night and was waaay too hot but wearing any less would have left me practically naked in the pit. Skirts are impractical in situations like that (most situations if your me!).

Stick with the usual but tone it up a bit. Look hot but not slutty.
    This is gonna sound so stupid...but I reckon confidence is the best thing you can wear. Act like you couldnt give a shit what he thinks of you, etc...

Anyways...aside from that selfhelpmumbojumbo above, I would wear something he hasnt seen before...if you have anything suitable. Just be comfortable. Jeans and a tee can always be funked up with a cool belt and jewellery... :)
    I'd go for jeans, vest top, and a chunkeh belt. Perhaps a blazer. Not O.T.T but not necessarily really casual. Wear sexxeh makeup and stuff. Not like, loads so you look like Lilly Savage, but just a bit so its eye-catching. You'll look great ;)
    Depends what kind of gig and if you're planning on doing some serious moshing. I'd never wear a skirt to a gig because I always end up right in the pit and it would either end up round my waist, like Blah said, or I'd end up getting dodgy blokes trying to put their hands up it. (or maybe that's just wishful thinking but anyway...) I think you can look sexeh in a tiny top and some jeans or whatever - make it more interesting with a snazzy belt or something. Personally I go for trousers with big pockets so I can fit everything I need in them - no way I could take a bag or anything to a gig either!
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    och, not if you get one that fits,

would at the gigs i go to!
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Depends what kind of gig and if you're planning on doing some serious moshing. I'd never wear a skirt to a gig because I always end up right in the pit and it would either end up round my waist, like Blah said, or I'd end up getting dodgy blokes trying to put their hands up it. (or maybe that's just wishful thinking but anyway...) I think you can look sexeh in a tiny top and some jeans or whatever - make it more interesting with a snazzy belt or something. Personally I go for trousers with big pockets so I can fit everything I need in them - no way I could take a bag or anything to a gig either!

:yes:
    ok, so i wore these trousers that are black and tight round the arse then flare out loads at the bottom and have like reflective bits down the sides, a vest and a black and white striped top over that that has a ridiculous neckline so it ends up round my shoulders (hence the vest)

it was great - he looked pissed off all night and i skanked with the best of them
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    ok, so i wore these trousers that are black and tight round the arse then flare out loads at the bottom and have like reflective bits down the sides, a vest and a black and white striped top over that that has a ridiculous neckline so it ends up round my shoulders (hence the vest)

it was great - he looked pissed off all night and i skanked with the best of them

:thumb: You go girl.
    :yes: gdgd :yes:

always good when trying2look great in fromt of an ex+it works!

corset got my ex wondering why he dumped me a few months ago+all i could do was smile while i snogged another guy:) (believe it or not im not as shallow+malicious as i sound)