Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

nutmeg in joints and salvia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my mate lethargy (who needs to come on here more often), were sitting at her house and i remembered something a friend said, that if you add nutmeg to joints you have great trips, and feel great for ages. i tryed it and i did have an ok trip but that might have been down to my overactive imagination at the time. but i did feel great after, even though we were using the dregs of a packet of drum tabaco :rolleyes: yuck.

has anyone else tryed this??

and also has anyone had personal experiance of salvia, cos that's something i want to try and i would like to know people thoughts, and why the fuck is it legal????

thanks

Luby

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My fella used to munch loads of the stuff with a bottle of lemonade to chase it down with. Going to be better than smoking it.
    Yes you can trip off nutmeg, NO you should not. It is not a trip in the LSD sense of the word it is a POSION!!!

The effects you get are it posioning you! Do not bother, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrell.

Salvia is legal because it has next to no abuse potencial and is fairly safe. If you try and take too much your'll have such a bad case of The Fear that you'll never touch it again. And because its quite a strong trip it will never take off on the general market.
    Arent most drugs poison?

Thats the way i see magic mushrooms, theyre poison.
    Its not quite as simple as that.

With most drugs the effect you gain is them working, from how I understand it, the effect you get from nutmeg is the SIDE effect of the posion. So its similar to say drinking bleach and getting a good high, its not the bleach per say, its the posion effect on the body. Understand?

Or more like taking lots of paracetamol for a high (which you cant do), it would be the posioning that could give you the high, not really the drug itself.
    Nutmeg is for shandy lightweights.

If you want a real trip try orange peel and toothpaste..
    Well i don't know about nutmeg, never tried and don't really plan to.

But with saliva in joints in my experience it is a waste of time and a waste of salvia, it just makes it taste ever more horrid and dosen't even have an effect, your best just trying salvia in a pipe but that didn't work for me either, mind you it was only the normal leaf I had and i plan to get the 10x extract sometime soon, it should work.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Or more like taking lots of paracetamol for a high (which you cant do), it would be the posioning that could give you the high, not really the drug itself.

oh ok i get it, what i dont ge tis why you cant get high on paracetamol? do you mean its bad to do thats why you cant do it? or because you dont get high? Which you do... but then you can die also so..

I think with nutmeg, many people cant stand it, and will not take enough for an effect because its so horrible. Which i guess is natures way or warning you off it.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    oh ok i get it, what i dont ge tis why you cant get high on paracetamol? do you mean its bad to do thats why you cant do it? or because you dont get high? Which you do... but then you can die also so..

From what I understand Minxy, paracetamol works by blocking the chemicals in your brain that transmit pain. The
    BUPA website has more information.

I suppose you could compare it to E, in that it interacts with chemicals in your brain, and after a certain dosage it ceases to have any effect on those chemicals.

However, the damage is done when your body tries to expel the leftovers from your system, these are quite toxic and can severely damage your liver and kidneys.
    I was just using it as an example, I have no idea whether you can actually get high from OD'ing on the stuff, I would suggest that its a very unwise thing to try. Its a very nasty way to posion yourself, its lethal quite quickly but then you can linger for up to 2 weeks as all your organs fail.
    Oh it is nasty, and dangerous, but with paracetamol the effect a paracetamol OD has is quite like being stoned, very very stoned with the loss of balance and ability to stand that being drunk has.
    Re: nutmeg in joints and salvia
    Originally posted by luby

and also has anyone had personal experiance of salvia, cos that's something i want to try and i would like to know people thoughts, and why the fuck is it legal????

thanks

Luby [/B]

I guess it is legal because science doesnt know much about salvinorin A and how it affects the brain...

But salvia scares the shit out of me, Im not doing it again...Well thats for 10x extract. ....It is too incredibly powerfull, it completely takes control of your mind, you are sucked in salvia hyperspace in a matter of seconds after you exhale your hit...

Some people find the trip interesting, but i rarely see someone considering a full blown trip like fun. It is definatly not a recreational drug...
    It is very much in the same class of trips as DMT and 5-meo-dmt, in that its not really fun as such but can be an excellent tool for learning. However they do need to be treated with a massive amount of respect.

And of course both DMT and 5-meo are class A.
    Well if DMT and 5meo are like salvia, give me it anyday of the week.

My salvia trip wasn't strong like some make it out to be, i'm not saying some people don't trip their absolute balls off but i didn't, i just sat there thinking things and felt very stoned, didn't trip at all though.

I'm sure DMT is much stronger though and hopefully someday i'll try it.
    The three arent really that similar, in fact DMT and 5-meo are quite different from each other.

I meant really that they are similar in that they are very strong quite short trips which can be completely dissasociative.

A light dose of salvia which it sounds you have had can NEVER prepare you for DMT or 5-meo, in fact I'm not sure you can ever prepare for 5-meo really. Very few people like it or can actually even take it.
    Maybe i did have a low dose but i smoked about 4 pipes of it, 10x extract, i musn't have broken through with it fully.

I know salvia and DMT are in no way alike, i was only talking in trip comparison.
    I really think Salvia is an odd one when it comes to dose, I really tripped when I did a pinch of normal leaf but your dose is much higher than that. Strange really.
    Yea,everybody must just be different to it, like all drugs.
    They sell Salvia at my headshop, was thinking about buying some.. maybe one day ill come ranting to you all about how i wasted my money and i hated it..
    maybe one day ill come ranting to you all about how i wasted my money and i hated it..

That is exactly what's gonna happen.

Or not and trip your tits off.
    When I tried salvia, I only smoked a very small amount in a bong but it made me extremely paranoid everytime I shut my eyes for a few minutes, but that could have just been due to what I had read up about it. When my brother tried it he turned incredibly hot and red and started sweating alot, but again after a few minutes it disappeared. They were the only effects he got. Before I bought it people warned me it was shit, and we came to the same conclusion. But like everything, different people gain different experiences from it.
    Nutmeg? nah dried banana skins everytime ;)
    Reloaded; I think the reason some people dont like Salvia is because it hits you very quickly and there is the rush of the heart rate etc.

You get the same with DMT too.
    I know I have probably told you all this before, but my salvia experience was not nice, we did loads after a trip to amsterdam. We had bought the x15 stuff, I have done allot of most things but I got so wasted and tripped so hard I didnt like it at all.

I cant remember putting the bong down, for 2-3 minutes all sound and perception was altered, I didnt know where I was, I was in another world, the sofa was swallowing me up and I broke into an all over sweat, not nice. Much more of an intense trip than acid or shrooms, just blew me away for a few minutes. I had done a big dose, not enough for two but too much for one.

Scary stuff when you do too much but fun if you do the right amount, you feel like you are being pulled by invisible magnets in different directions which are attached to your jaw and legs, bizarre stuff. :crazyeyes