Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

gettin a girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey yall.

well i have no problems asking a girl out and all, and i can usually tell if a girl likes me or not, the only prob is taht i dont know how to ask them to be my girlfriend, or take it further.

I just know how to ask em out on a date.

please help me out, and give me a way to say it without making it sound corny

thanks for all your help

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, you sound like you've got the hardest bit sorted, so all I can say is, get their number and ring them up, probably 1 or 2 days after the date, say you had a good time and suggest somewhere else to go... she can say yes or no, so you might as well take a chance, but I would not recommend this is she doesn't give you any "i've had a really good time signs" such as looking into your eyes.

As for taking it further with a girl, I think you should ahve casual chats about it etc but I'm not into planning these things, stuff like that happens best on its own.

Good Luck

"some rarely touch it but it touches them often." Stanley, Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams
    The best thing to do when you're confused and mixed-up about relationships is to sit down and watch the movie 'Swingers'. Problems are universal, and chances are (s)he is feeling the same way as you are.
    Thanx for ya help, but i know how to ask em out on dates, and i usually ask em for more then one, the prob is letting them know that i want to get more serious, and not just casual dating, what do i do?
    Once you've been out a couple of times, you will know if your both getting closer and it just seems to happen (or not, if the case may be).
    Rapid, that's just B****x! It doesn't "Just Happen", someone HAS to say something. Sitting around with someone, waiting for it all to Just Happen will lead to nothing more than hurt on both sides because Nothing Happened. (In my experience!)

One of you HAS to take the bull by the horns and say something. There will NEVER be the "right time", so you have to make do with an "alright time". Then, tell her that you really enjoy her company, flatter her, make her feel very special (tell her how much you like her laugh/smile/sense of humour/dress sense/etc.) Then say something like "could we make this a bit more involved?" or "Could we take this relationship a bit further?" something like that...

I can't guarantee that it'll work, but I can guarantee that if neither of you say something, you'll end up in a few months time being her best friend who she comes to to cry on your shoulder over her current bloke interest!

I just wish I'd learned this lesson 9-10 months ago!

Snowman
    Things can just happen, and sometimes nothing happens. I think the trick is to just make subtle approaches, enough so they know what your getting at but not so blunt that they're pressured into an immediate answer.

Just ask to see them again, say you really like their company.....

If nothing happens in a relationship, its normally because the two of you don't have enough in common.

Just make sure everyone knows where they stand, but try not to pressure people into an immediate desicion. Just say you really like being with them.
  • Girl-From-MarsGirl-From-Mars Posts: 2,822 Boards Guru
    i disagree with snowman too, and agree with J9. with my boyfriend, we started out as friends and things gradually progressed, hand holding whilst watching films, kiss on the cheek walking me home, then we kissed the next time.. and we didnt ever sit down and say "lets turn oru friendship into somethign more and go out"... he mentioned on the phone a few days later that we were goign out, werent we? which was more of a statement than a question.. coz i told my friend we hadnt discussed it and so she took that as meaning we werent going out and still disputes our anniversary date because of it! although obviously if you arent both open about your feelings to each other, and are too shy to say or do anything, it isnt going to work. this is why i hadnt been ina relationship before my current one, because in other situations no one said or did anything to get us any closer. missed opportunities, guess thats life?
    Well sweetie, when you get on the date with this girl just be yourself because one thing that bugs me is that men use all these chessy lines, so just go with the flow and if u be your self and treat the girl as she should be treated and in the end if u like her just say "would u go out with me?" its as easy as that just work your charm every blokes got it.
    TaTa for now
    love kelly