Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drugs...Why bother?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    What about the family ? They get problems because of having a user in the family. Is that fair on the family ?

At least if they was legal it would stop your family member robbing your gear for a fix.. yes you will still have the heartache but im sure if drug addiction was legal and recognised as a medical condition familys would have more support offered.
  • Options
    What about the family ? They get problems because of having a user in the family. Is that fair on the family ?

We've been here before Becky. There would be less problems for everyone if drugs were legalised and properly controlled.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    We've been here before Becky. There would be less problems for everyone if drugs were legalised and properly controlled.

Yes I hear what your saying and tbh I dont want to go into detail here but drugs do cause problems in families.

What about when someone decides enough is enough and they dont want drugs ? Supposing they were legal then what chance is there of them coming off ? They may want too but if Joe Bloggs next door is getting it freely then the user probably wouldnt be able to get off. As I say I dont want to go into it here, but sorry families do suffer.
  • Options
    Yes I hear what your saying and tbh I dont want to go into detail here but drugs do cause problems in families.

but those problems would go away if t was recognised as a medical rather than a criminal situation my dear.
    heroin doesn't make you think criminal thoughts ...the illegality of it puts you in a very desperatye situation.
  • Options
    I think the argument for the legal availablity of heroin, or at least its wider prescribing is obvious.

And the other drugs such as MDMA and others in TIHKAL and PIHKAL because of their very slight addiction and harm profile.

However I think the problem remains with cocaine and amphetamine (to a lesser degree).

You cant prescibe crack because theres no end to the use, are you seriously going to just allow people to buy as much as they want? So they just sit there smoking it till their heart explodes.

Apart from residential treatment centres and decent drugs education I'm really not sure what to do about crack use.
  • Options
    Just a quick point regarding the legalisation of cannabis. In my experience as a smoker for quite a few years, all i've experienced is the price going down.
    Don't you think that if it was down to the government it would be heavily taxed each year and therefore end up costing the end user more??
    If this does happen then the black market would certainly still be booming, funding terrorists etc.
  • Options
    Well, the links between cannabis and large scale international crime are getting less, ever wondered where all this skunk is coming from? Good old blighty thats where.

I can see your point though.

But even if it was slightly above the black market rate would you not rather go to a shop where you could get a wide range of quality assured types than your local dealer? I know I would.

I think a tax on the turnover of a cannabis shop would be a much better way forward than one on each 1/8th sold for example. In that way the shop would be better placed to sell higher qaulity goods with a slightly better margin on them.

Also licences would be tightly controled to make sure there was no cheating.
  • Options
    Drugs are going to around forever, i wonder when they actually will become legal and how society will take to it.

Alcohol is legal and it's a drug, try and make alcohol illegal now and see what would happen, America 1920's.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    since the dawn of time man has taken mood altering substances. i'm reading a book at the moment about a south american tribe who weren't discovered unrtil the late 80's. for 5'000 yrs they have done their best to live half their lives in 'the real world' and the other half in 'the shamans labrynth' ...a drug induced alternative reality.

Aye, Shamanism is probably the oldest belief system on the planet and many tribes still do use mind altering substances in ritual and believe they can contact spirits, shape shift and meet gods ect.

Have seen many programs on it. Can't remember what plant they use but I think they powdered and snorted it.
    but you think people should be classed as criminals for doing what comes naturaly?

And then they get labelled for life.

the big trouble with having made all this stuff illegal in the first place is it has attracted some kind of modern status that defies it's real history.
    so despite knowing the risks and despite calling people stupid who want full legalisation ...you can't wait to have a go!
    it will become legal so get ready ...

I agree.

I do think that some people are more attracted to drugs (in general) because they're illegal. Maybe it enforces identities in subcultures too and curiousity is always an incentive.

I have a good chong now and again and I used to smoke cannabis all the time. However, it's more for parties these days. I started because I was curious when I was 16. Then I smoked it to help me cope with depression (not recommended) and now it's just... well, enjoyable, more so than drinking.
  • Options
    Have seen many programs on it. Can't remember what plant they use but I think they powdered and snorted it.

They use a range of different plants, magic mushrooms being one of them.

I wonder if they use datura.
  • Options
    scuse my typing ...i am under the influence of around a hundred magic mushies right now ...taking time to type this ...plus alcohol ...and hash ......it would be less attractive in the long run if legal ...the way it always was...it atest atention atracts atentn when illegal ...it would not ...if coloured with truth and ...and so.
    so be it ...amen means so be it ...not that that has mucg to do with anything here ...but why not, why so ...i'm listening to nina simone/// and j cle at the right now.
    i;mout of here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuasca/ayahuasca.shtml
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit

+

Fly Agaric (Amanita Muscaria), has been traditionally used by shamanic cultures for thousands of years. The Lapps and Vikings are just some of the cultures well known to have used this. My Fave! :D

Yopo seeds which contain DMT are ground up and snorted are from South America and have been used for thousands of years.

Blue Lotus flowers were used by the the Eygptians soaked in wine and apparently had an effect like codiene. I saw it tested out on Channel 4's 'Sacred Weeds' programme.

Henbane which as used by witch's thought this country in the middle ages. I also saw this on 'Sacred Weeds'.

Edited cos I was pissed!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    gordon bennet ...i took mushrooms when pissed ...never again!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Glad to hear it Mr Roll, I thought txt speak was incomprehensible but some of your posts on the weekend were something else................
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Glad to hear it Mr Roll, I thought txt speak was incomprehensible but some of your posts on the weekend were something else................
    yeah sorry about that LJ. i was aware at the time things were going wrong but couldn't seem to correct them.
    the mushrooms proved to much ...i was staggering around the house very confused and unsettled ...not pleasant. about three in the morning i could take no more of it and went and sat with my dog in the ruins of the old castle nearby ...spectacular! very enjoyable. but the dog left me ...she's never done that before ...buggered off home without me. i reckon she figured i was an imposter.